Image of the day

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Greg Shaffer

September 19, 2020 05:41 AM Forum: Politics

Ginsberg: Loss Of A legend

Posted By Greg Shaffer

We had 2 days of mostly light rain.....yards are soaked, will mean more mowing. Beyond that all is good and looking forward to 4 more years with Trump smile

Glad to hear you and yours made it thru ok Darien......

Ohhh and Jim I think it was that asked.....Thanks for the concern, I was just tired of Rod's barrage of useless links to propaganda smile

September 20, 2020 02:23 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck
Ok, now that some of you are back, what do you think about McConnell holding out on Obama for 10 months till the election but now it’s ok to shove someone through and to hell with what the people think? If this is the way republicans want to be treated the next time the dems come into power I would show no mercy. How in the hell can you justify McConnell’s hypocrisy?

Probably the same way you folks justify all the hypocrisy on your side of the fence smile

It is what it is, questionable principals reside on both sides, always have and likely always will lol

September 20, 2020 02:26 AM Forum: Politics

"Negligent Homicide"

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Originally Posted by Steven Moore

Greg thanks for the laugh, I think they miss Richard posting! wink

Going thru withdrawals they are smile

September 20, 2020 02:04 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Originally Posted by James Lacey

This take is the correct viewpoint. If Richard were here, and I'm glad he's not, he would be gaslighting all of us and trying to concoct an alternate reality where Democrats are eternal hypocrites, and Republicans always act consistently virtuous. The winning side will use power to get their way when they can, despite any political hypocrisy. The losing side will say that it's unfair despite their actions in the past. It is the way politics works. On the other hand, karma and pay-back is a bitch. Sooner or later, the Democrats will be in power, and right now, it's looking like ramming a replacement for RBG through will bring about that certainty sooner rather than later.

Wonders never cease....we agree on something smile

September 22, 2020 12:19 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Posting Date

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Originally Posted by Donald Payne
Is there a way to change the posting date on a classified or do I need to delete and re-post?  I had started working on my ad it back in July but never submitted it.  Then today, I added some pics to my partially finished ad, clicked the button to post and now my ad is listed with the July date instead of today.  

The only way to move an ad back to the top is to repost it.....

September 22, 2020 12:27 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Originally Posted by Darian Rachal

It certainly looks better than the Democrat plan.

LOL....you got that right smile

September 22, 2020 01:56 AM Forum: Politics

Winning!!

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

tongue

I think you called it just right.....you really are living in Lacey's head, one can actually feel the frustration dripping off his posts each time you return from a hiatus smile

September 22, 2020 08:23 PM Forum: Politics

More facts about the Supreme Court Nomination in an election year.

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck
Then why did they deny Obama's pick until after 2016 the election? Was that going with tradition?

Hypocrites, all of them. And you.

Politics thats why......both sides do it and each calls the other hypocrites when they are on the receiving end.....SOP.

September 22, 2020 08:25 PM Forum: Politics

More facts about the Supreme Court Nomination in an election year.

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Originally Posted by James Brown

Hi James and Jim:

If I understand the history correctly, it is "traditional" for presidents to get a nomination confirmed in an election year, if their party controls the Senate.  It is also "traditional" for the president's nomination to be thwarted in an election year, if the president's party is does not control the Senate.  Actually "tradition" has nothing to do with it, it is just hardball politics.  Unless one defines the "tradition" as hardball politics...

I agree that the messaging/rhetoric employed by the R's in this instance reeks of hypocrisy.  Maybe that will hurt them at the polls.  I would bet not.  No one on Earth believes that the Ds would behave any differently if the parties were switched.  Absolutely no one.  Remember that the Ds are the party that invented Borking when they Borked Robert Bork.  The Ds are the party that tried to Bork Thomas and Kavanaugh.  The Ds are the party that removed the filibuster for federal judges.  And so on.  There are no clean hands in DC.

I saw a headline that Romney was on board with a SC vote this year.  If that is true, I think it is a done deal.  Trump will nominate and the Senate will confirm.  The only question is whether this costs or benefits him on election day.

Jim   

Exactamundo......nail on the head, etc etc smile

September 23, 2020 11:50 PM Forum: Politics

Georgia's Republican "Q" Candidate

Posted By Greg Shaffer

There you go again lol