Posts Made By: Greg Shaffer

July 13, 2021 01:40 AM Forum: Politics

Dumbest thing on the net today.....

Posted By Greg Shaffer

I know Rod regularly wins in this regard but I found some really strong competition a little while ago when it comes to the "absolutely stupidest thing on the net today"...... smile

Have to wonder if the scientists that signed off on this are all named "Karen"......

https://freebeacon.com/campus/science-journal-geology-is-racist/

Hard to believe any self-respecting science journal would even publish an article like this one.....but they did lol

July 14, 2021 01:18 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Originally Posted by James Brown

Greg, the Free Beacon headlines and analysis totally and irresponsibly distort the article and the author's message.  I can't believe you fell for the Beacon's spin.  Jim

Article:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-021-23936-w

Author:

https://fhsu.edu/geo/faculty-and-staff/Ali/index

I cant believe you would buy into the theory as you appear to be doing. I did review the paper before making the decision to call it bullshit. The Free Beacon article was not all that far off the mark. The actual paper has a few legitimate points IMHO. But it appears to be long on supposition and short on hard data. In other words they used a few salient points to construct a pile of ridiculous BS pushing critical race theory without hard data to back up their suppositions. Not exactly a new thing LOL.....

July 14, 2021 06:53 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Welcome back Rich!! 

Gonna be some some disappointed liberals whining shortly LOL.....

July 14, 2021 10:03 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Originally Posted by James Brown

Hi Rich:

The above conclusion is simply wrong.  I read the article and the Free Beacon piece mischaracterizing the article.  The Beacon made the article sound like wild-eyed fringe lunacy.  The article itself was a fairly sober perspective presented by a black immigrant based upon her perspective in the geosciences.  It was hardly radical stuff, and I don't agree with many of her conclusions.  The Beacon's characterization of the article was outrageously silly though.

In this incarnation of your Astromart existence, please try to address my actual position, rather than arguing against straw men of your own fantasy.  I know this is almost certainly a hopeless wish on my part, but never say never.   

Jim

Funny how bias influences perspectives when viewing the same material..... The bottom line is the article proposes that racism is the reason there are little other than white people in the Geo Science field. If you agree with that then there is little hope for you lol. She took a simple fact and constructed a ridiculous premise around it using the current critical race theory being pushed by the left...... I admit the news piece was fed by bias as well since it highlights one ridiculous claim in the paper to make hay with. That said the paper earned my title for it......using supposition and almost nothing in the way of proofs besides a biased perspective.....

July 14, 2021 11:05 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Greg Shaffer

I knew my post would bring out some ridiculous positions from you guys.....it didnt disappoint LOL

July 15, 2021 12:07 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman

It's not the "positions" that are ridiculous, it's the utter futility of you being impervious to logic, reasoning and understanding that is ridiculous and of course, you did disappoint in failing to do so again and again... 

That you would even hint that the paper is logical speaks volumes about the value of what your opinion means Rod.....which is almost nothing in this case.

July 15, 2021 12:22 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

the classifieds page does not show the latest ads, only those over 36 hours old

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Cant imagine why.....seems to be working fine for me, I reviewed 4 of the busier categories and the ads appear in chronological order for me starting with the newest at the top (in this case all start with at least one ad dated today and descend from there......

July 15, 2021 12:38 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Site won't let me change my password

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Originally Posted by Dan Kuchta
There seems to be no support or contact link anywhere on this site, so I guess this is where I ask???

I can log into my account, go to the Account Settings link in my account, and enter in a new password.  But when I click the Continue button at the bottom, a message comes up at the top saying "No Data was changed".  And sure enough, if I log out and back in, I have to use my old password to get in.  Tried several times, same result.

How do I change my password?

Cant confirm on the password, but I just updated my city, zip and phone number on the same screen and it said something like "your info was saved pending approval" so I assume changes made there have to be approved by the admin.

The support email can be found in the TOS..... it is however "[email protected]"

Update: I just received a PM stating my profile changes have been approved less than 5 min from making the changes......

July 15, 2021 02:57 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Greg Shaffer

LOL atta boy Rod.....if you cant handle the debate at hand change the narrative. No surprises there smile

July 15, 2021 03:24 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman

Lol, atta boy Greg, submit a right wing opinion piece fixating on a rock hammer as a narrative for debate and then sit back and wonder why forum participants come up with better...

Better? where?.....nothing but efforts to put paint on a turd in here from the left in here smile