Image of the day

Captured by
John Greenlee

Aurora on 5-10-2024

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Greg Shaffer

August 9, 2023 09:36 PM Forum: Politics

NYT: Previously Secret Memo Laid Out Strategy for Trump to Overturn Biden’s Win

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Originally Posted by Brian McFarland

Iph U sae so. Desperate four the last werd, huh?  Go for it.

Wow.... lol

Hate to burst your bubble.... but

According to Merriam-Webster dictionary, “dufus” is a slang term that means “a stupid, incompetent, or foolish person”

Of course "doofus" is a valid spelling as well..... Like I said, depends on who is spelling it lol

August 11, 2023 06:16 PM Forum: Politics

Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Jesus

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Opinion as well

I personally think this is targeted to create as much election interference as possible. Thus the shotgun approach of throwing everything no matter how trivial, untested, unprecedented etc.... Headlines and hype are the goal with very little if any goal of making it stick.

The primary goal is whatever it takes to get Trump to either drop out or at least not win...... In fact it appears blatantly obvious.

August 11, 2023 07:32 PM Forum: Politics

Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Jesus

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman

Stated like a true dyed in the wool Trump cultist...

You are once again assuming I give a shit about YOUR opinion.....lol

August 11, 2023 07:44 PM Forum: Politics

Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Jesus

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Originally Posted by James Brown

I get it that you and Greg are rude to each other now and then, but Greg ID'd his opinion as an opinion.  It is a defensible opinion too.  (In my opinion).  ermm

The prosecution of Trump appears so far to be legally brought, reasonably supported by the law, in accordance with due process, and all the stuff I've been arguing all day.  But it is clearly a discretionary prosecution and it is stretching the boundaries of what has gone before.  By discretionary prosecution, I mean that it is the result of an investigation and grand jury process controlled by Smith.  Seldom used and even archaic laws are being applied.  It is not like Trump was witnessed by dozens shooting a man dead in broad daylight and then brought into jail by the cops, or some other sort of crime where prosecution is not discretionary as a practical matter.

I'd buy the argument that this is all largely Trump's fault.  Still, it is not credible to deny there are politics at play in Garland and Smith's prosecution decisions.  I don't agree with Greg that this is entirely political, but that is a long way from denying that it is at least in part political.

Jim


We definitely agree that this is mostly Trump's own fault..... In fact I believe I can pinpoint exactly when it started. He made some powerful enemies with his speech at DAVOS wherein he thumbed his nose bluntly and without reserve at world leadership, both the ones in the public eye and those behind them. From that day forward the goal has been to get Trump out and keep him out by pretty much any means possible short of assassination, although I would not be the least bit surprised were that to happen if it begins to appear he could actually win...... 

August 11, 2023 08:16 PM Forum: Politics

Evangelicals Are Now Rejecting 'Liberal' Teachings of Jesus

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman

"it is not credible to deny there are politics at play in Garland and Smith's prosecution decisions."

That's not true, at all.
In Smith's case, he's prosecuted prominent Democrats John Edwards and Bob Menendez. Were politics at play in those cases as well? Of course not.
Even the former governor of Virginia, Robert McDonnell, who was targeted by Smith,  was on CNN last night and stated this is NOT a political prosecution.
In Garland's case, he's appointed Jack Smith because he has demonstrated his impartiality when it comes to prosecutions and politics. 
You ought to know better, Jim.

LOL....

August 17, 2023 12:41 AM Forum: Politics

Bad News for Democrats who LOVE killing babies in the womb down in Texas and then brag about it

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Rich he is just following the Dem rules.

1. Baffle'em with bullshit

2. Leave out the data that shows its bullshit

3. When caught, lie

4. Finally lie about lying

5. Start over.....

August 18, 2023 01:09 AM Forum: Politics

Bad News for Democrats who LOVE killing babies in the womb down in Texas and then brag about it

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Originally Posted by James Lacey


No, I have said JimM was the victim, but it is true that you are at the center of *every* nasty exchange on this forum. No reasonable person would deny this simple fact.

You are again wrong..... I make personal attacks on Rod here quite often and we have nasty exchanges often as well and Rich is nowhere around it.... LOL

August 18, 2023 05:24 AM Forum: Lost Contacts and Personal Messages

Andrea Darlene Sisk/Framingham cheated on me

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Did you pay with paypal goods and services? 

Why did you wait until now to say anything?

I dont find a member here by that name......

August 18, 2023 09:12 PM Forum: Politics

Bad News for Democrats who LOVE killing babies in the womb down in Texas and then brag about it

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Originally Posted by James Lacey


I didn't say you started the fight. I said you are at the center of almost *every* nasty exchange on this forum. Most reasonable people would look at the interactions on this forum and conclude that you are mostly the instigator and that most others are merely responding in kind. Your near-constant badgering that Rod is a communist Marxist demonstrates clearly that you have no true interest in intellectual discourse.

Additionally, Jim did not have a hissy fit. He clearly and eloquently exposed the fact that you are not pro-life and that you don't care about women's health. All you care about is peddling your right-wing persona.

Actually no you didnt say ALMOST......

What you said was "but it is true that you are at the center of *every* nasty exchange on this forum."

I guess after I called you on that inaccuracy you decided you needed to qualify it with "almost" (that is a copy and paste btw) LOL

August 18, 2023 09:40 PM Forum: Lost Contacts and Personal Messages

Andrea Darlene Sisk/Framingham cheated on me

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Originally Posted by Bernd Spaeker
Hello Greg,

I became aware of the scam in mid-April because
I didn't get an answer from Andrea Sisk. The mount has not been delivered to date.
At the end of April I did everything imaginable:
Support Astromart => no reaction

There was indeed a reaction from Astromart. "Andreas Hengst" was removed from the site so no one else could be scammed. Removing scammers is about the only thing AM can do once they are discovered besides cooperating with the authorities if asked and providing all available information to them.

It would seem you were not the only one who bit on this one based on discussion in the forums and it is entirely possible they had already been removed when you reported it to support.

Bank of America => no response
Framingham Police => no response
Police Germany => Report filed
Attorney General Germany => Report filed

The whole topic ran under the username "Andreas Hengst"
He had given 2 locations (see photo attached)
a) in Vreden, Germany
b) in Framingham, MA

a fraudster may have taken over his name/account, to carry out this criminal act.

Since last week Andreas Hengst  has changed the location to just Vreden, DE

Not on AM, there is no one by that name on AM since he was removed back when he was discovered.


Very sorry you got scammed but sending large sums that are not either protected by paypal or an escrow service is a bad bad idea......