Posts Made By: Greg Shaffer

January 18, 2013 10:12 PM Forum: Politics

Lets use the word IF a bit

Posted By Greg Shaffer

If you believe that ANY of this is NOT TRUE, you are living on some other planet. And you're part of the problem.

You know you live in a Country run by idiots if...
You can get arrested for expired tags on your car but not for being in the country illegally.
====================================
You have to have your parents signature to go on a school field trip but not to get an abortion.
An 80 year old woman can be stripped searched by the TSA but a Muslim woman in a burka is only subject to having her neck and head searched.
Your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more of our money.
A seven year old boy can be thrown out of school for calling his teacher "cute" but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable.
The Supreme Court of the United States can rule that lower courts cannot display the 10 Commandments in their courtroom, while sitting in front of a display of the 10 Commandments.
Children are forcibly removed from parents who appropriately discipline them while children of "underprivileged" drug addicts are left to rot in filth infested cesspools of a "home".
Hard work and success are rewarded with higher taxes and government intrusion, while some slothful, lazy behavior is rewarded with EBT cards, WIC checks, Medicaid, subsidized housing, and free cell phones.
The government's plan for getting people back to work is to provide 99 weeks of unemployment checks (to not work).
Being self-sufficient is considered a threat to the government.
Politicians think that stripping away the amendments to the constitution is really protecting the rights of the people.
The rights of the Government come before the rights of the individual.
You pay your mortgage faithfully, denying yourself the newest big screen TV while your neighbor defaults on his mortgage (while buying iPhones, TV's and new cars) and the government forgives his debt and reduces his mortgage (with your tax dollars).
Being stripped of the ability to defend yourself makes you "safe".
You can write a post like this just by reading the news headlines.

January 24, 2013 11:22 PM Forum: Politics

Sound Familiar???

Posted By Greg Shaffer

We ask that the government undertake the obligation above all of providing citizens with adequate opportunity for employment and earning a living. The activities of the individual must not be allowed to clash with the interests of the community, but must take place within its confines and be for the good of all.

Therefore, we demand: … an end to the power of the financial interests. We demand profit sharing in big business. We demand a broad extension of care for the aged. We demand … the greatest possible consideration of small business in the purchases of national, state, and municipal governments.

In order to make possible to every capable and industrious [citizen] the attainment of higher education and thus the achievement of a post of leadership, the government must provide an all-around enlargement of our entire system of public education … We demand the education at government expense of gifted children of poor parents …

The government must undertake the improvement of public health – by protecting mother and child, by prohibiting child labor … by the greatest possible support for all clubs concerned with the physical education of youth. We combat the… materialistic spirit within and without us, and are convinced that a permanent recovery of our people can only proceed from within on the foundation of the common good before the individual good.

– From the political program of the Nazi Party, adopted in Munich, February 24, 1920

January 25, 2013 05:43 PM Forum: Politics

Wheels are slow

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Proof that while big wheels turn slow they DO still turn.....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/25/court-obama-appointments-are-unconstitutional/

Courts have ruled against Obama's recess appointments.....Negating all rulings the panel has made since Obama pulled his end run around the constitution.

January 27, 2013 04:19 AM Forum: Politics

The Americans with No Abilities Act

Posted By Greg Shaffer

The Americans With No Abilities Act

President Barack Obama and the Democratic Senate are considering sweeping legislation that will provide new benefits for many Americans. The Americans With No Abilities Act is being hailed as a major legislative goal by advocates of the millions of Americans who lack any real skills or ambition.

'Roughly 50 percent of Americans do not possess the competence and drive necessary to carve out a meaningful role for themselves in society,' said California Sen. Barbara Boxer. 'We can no longer stand by and allow People of Inability (POI) to be ridiculed and passed over. With this legislation, employers will no longer be able to grant special favors to a small group of workers, simply because they have some idea of what they are doing.'

In a Capitol Hill press conference, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid pointed to the success of the U.S. Postal Service, which has a long-standing policy of providing opportunity without regard to performance. At the state government level, the Department of Motor Vehicles also has an excellent record of hiring Persons with No Ability (63 percent).

Under the Americans With No Abilities Act, more than 25 million mid-level positions will be created, with important-sounding titles but little real responsibility, thus providing an illusory sense of purpose and performance.

Mandatory non-performance-based raises and promotions will be given to guarantee upward mobility for even the most unremarkable employees. The legislation provides substantial tax breaks to corporations that promote a significant number of Persons of Inability (POI) into middle-management positions, and give a tax credit to small and medium-sized businesses that agree to hire one clueless worker for every two talented hires.

Finally, the Americans With No Abilities Act contains tough new measures to make it more difficult to discriminate against the non-abled, banning, for example, discriminatory interview questions such as, 'Do you have any skills or experience that relate to this job?'

'As a non-abled person, I can't be expected to keep up with people who have something going for them,' said Mary Lou Gertz, who lost her position as a lug-nut twister at the GM plant in Flint, Mich., due to her inability to remember righty tighty, lefty loosey. 'This new law should be real good for people like me. I finally have job security.' With the passage of this bill, Gertz and millions of other untalented citizens will finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Said Sen. Dick Durbin: 'As a senator with no abilities, I believe the same privileges that elected officials enjoy ought to be extended to every American with no abilities. It is our duty as lawmakers to provide each and every American citizen, regardless of his or her inadequacy, with some sort of space to take up in this geat nation and a good salary for doing so.'

January 28, 2013 06:07 PM Forum: Politics

Settling the "militia" definition......

Posted By Greg Shaffer

I've heard that plenty of times from the anti's--2nd doesn't apply because there is no longer a militia.

Here you go--from the US Code--from the GOV website.

http://uscode.house.gov/uscode-cgi/fastweb.exe?getdoc+uscview+t09t12+189+3++%28Militia%29%20%20%20AND%20%28CHAPTER%20ADJ%20%2813%29%29%3AEXPCITE%20%20%20%20%20%20%20

Next question? lol

February 5, 2013 06:53 PM Forum: Politics

Personal thoughts on protecting our schools

Posted By Greg Shaffer

After spending quite sometime following the issue I have my own personal
thoughts on protecting our schools

1. Eliminate gun free zones

2. Legalize concealed carry for all responsible citizens.

3. Allow teachers and administrators to carry (IF THEY SO CHOOSE) if they
are licensed to do so. Do we not in general believe our teachers to be
responsible and intelligent citizens? If we don't then why are we entrusting
our children to them in the 1st place? What we don't need are bureaucratic
cash cows stacked on it like requiring $3000 law enforcement training to do
so.

Since I do in general see our educators as responsible and intelligent
citizens I have to believe if they chose to carry they would educate
themselves on doing so safely. I also think they deserve the right to
protect themselves the same as me if they so choose and if that helps
protect my child then I am all for it. Personally I would prefer someone who
just bought their 1st gun yesterday standing between my child and harm than
someone who is unarmed if those were my only choices.

4. Bring gun safety courses into our schools as a elective course with the
parents having the control over whether their kids take them or not.
Elective because I don't believe in forcing my own pro-gun view on anyone
unlike the far left who have no problem forcing their own beliefs on the
rest of us. Not to mention many parents are quite capable of teaching their
kids about guns and gun safety.

5. Lets remove the emotional BS and use logic and intelligence for a change.
Creating laws on top of laws regarding guns and their use by law abiding
citizens isn't going to address the problem. Now if you want to discuss
greater penalties for those who use guns illegally and ENFORCING them then I
am all ears. Otherwise..........

Come on folks......we protect our banks and our politicians better than we
do our children. In what world does that make sense? Not mine! They are in
fact the ROOT of nearly all the problems we face.

February 6, 2013 09:15 PM Forum: Politics

In the running......

Posted By Greg Shaffer

This and a couple more similar ones are competing for the list of top 10 stupidest things on the planet.....

http://now.msn.com/alex-watkins-reportedly-suspended-from-school-for-throwing-pretend-grenade#scptmfs

February 10, 2013 04:18 AM Forum: Politics

Things just got REAL......

Posted By Greg Shaffer

It seems Anonymous has been busy.....

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-srT_Wf_a0JUzBWWjh3MXdHRGc/view?usp=sharing&pli=1&sle=true

February 13, 2013 05:34 PM Forum: Politics

News Reporters

Posted By Greg Shaffer

Subject: News Reporters

Katie Couric, Charlie Gibson, Brian Williams and a tough old U.S. Marine Sergeant were captured by terrorists in Iraq . The leader of the terrorists told them he'd grant each of them one last request before they were beheaded and dragged naked through the streets.

Katie Couric said, 'Well, I'm a Southerner, so I'd like one last plate of fried chicken.'

The leader nodded to an underling who left and returned with the chicken. Couric ate it all and said, 'Now I can die content.'

Charlie Gibson said, 'I'm living in ' New York , so I'd like to hear the song, The Moon and Me, one last time.'
The terrorist leader nodded to another terrorist who had studied the Western world and knew the music. He returned with some rag-tag musicians and played the song.

Gibson was satisfied.

Brian Williams said, 'I'm a reporter to the end. I want to take out my tape recorder and describe the scene here and what's about to happen. Maybe, someday, someone will hear it and know that I was on the job till the end.'

The leader directed an aide to hand over the tape recorder and Williams dictated his comments.

He then said, 'Now I can die happy.'

The leader turned and asked, 'And now, Mr. U. S. Marine, what is your final wish?

'Kick me in the ass,' said the Marine...
'What?' asked the leader, 'Will you mock us in your last hour?'

'No, I'm NOT kidding. I want you to kick me in the ass,' insisted the Marine.

So the leader shoved him into the yard and kicked him in the ass.

The Marine went sprawling, but rolled to his knees, pulled a 9 mm pistol from inside his cammies and shot the leader dead.

In the resulting confusion, he emptied his sidearm on six terrorists, then with his knife he slashed the throat of one, and with an AK-47, which he took, sprayed the rest of the terrorists killing another 11.

In a flash, all of them were either dead or fleeing for their lives.

As the Marine was untying Couric, Gibson, and Williams, they asked him, 'Why didn't you just shoot them all in the first place? Why did you ask him to kick you in the ass?'

'What?' replied the Marine, 'and have you three assholes report that I was the aggressor.....?'

March 13, 2013 04:52 PM Forum: My Favorite WIMP.COM or YOUTUBE.COM

Bird fishing with bread.....

Posted By Greg Shaffer

If you told me this I would look at you sideways.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBuPiC3ArL8