New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Victor Hall

August 27, 2003 07:49 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Rich field refractor, opinions please.

Posted By Victor Hall

Hardin Optical sells the Geng Sheng(Taiwan) 80mm f6 short tube with
Eq mount for $299.I bought the OTA used off of Astromart a few months ago to mount on my Nextstar 80gt mount on wooden legs.The f5 short tube had sharp optics but lots of color.The f6 is sharp also but the color correction is much better.Polar cap and faint surface detail on Mars at 137x(7Nag+2x barlow)and color wasn't obtrusive at all.Not in the same league as my Starmaster but for the price a nice quick look scope.Hope this helps-Vic

August 27, 2003 08:10 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Help With 9" ARO Mak-Cass!!!

Posted By Victor Hall

Try Optician Mike Palermiti in Florida. [email protected] If he's too busy
maybe he can recommend someone.

August 27, 2003 08:59 PM Forum: Takahashi

FS-102... What adaptors are needed....

Posted By Victor Hall

Anacortes carries everything Takahashi.Try giving them a call or e-mail.I bought a Tak 2" adapter there a couple years ago.

September 2, 2003 10:01 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

September 3, 2003 07:54 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Desperate!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Posted By Victor Hall

Try calling Astronomics again.They are one of the most
respected mail order dealers out there.I'm sure they will
resolve this problem to your satisfaction even if they have to give you a refund.These lxd scopes are very popular and are back ordered or drop-shipped most of the time.It is up to your dealer (Astronomics)to make sure your order is shipped.Most well-respected dealers(including Astronomics)don't charge your credit card until the scope is shipped.

September 5, 2003 12:09 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

8"-12.5" Portaball that I can see near Ohio?

Posted By Victor Hall

I saw an 8" at Stonelick Lake near Cincinnati weekend before last.The owner had it sitting on a small stand to make eyepiece height more comfortable.Didn't get a chance to take a look I was too busy with my 11" Starmaster.

September 9, 2003 09:30 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

September 12, 2003 07:54 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

9-11 HBO

Posted By Victor Hall

Thanks James,I just ordered

September 15, 2003 07:43 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Parabolic mirror coatings

Posted By Victor Hall

Zambuto uses Ion assisted deposition Aluminum with quartz (SiO2) overcoat from Spectrum.http://www.spectrum-coatings.com/telescop.htm Carl says enhanced coating can effect the figure of his very smooth mirrors.If it's good enough for Carl.....

October 6, 2003 09:35 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

UHC is it worth it?

Posted By Victor Hall

All reports that I've read have said the UHTC coatings are worth the extra.Here's a link to the Arkansas Sky Observatory report: http://www.arksky.org/cgi-bin/ib/ikonboard.cgi?s=3f81daf07622ffff;act=ST;f=3;t=79