Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

Snowy Piliated Woodpecker

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Bill Webster

September 9, 2002 10:58 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Re: Telescope financing

Posted By Bill Webster

I like the topic!
I always use the 200% rule. No matter what I spend my wife gets to spend the same amount. A $3000.00 telescope costs me $6000.00. I don't always like it but it does keep the arguments down.

Happily married
Bill W

October 1, 2002 11:11 AM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Green lighs and Astrophotography

Posted By Bill Webster

I have heard many say that the new green laser can ruin a astrophoto. Does anyone ACTUALLY have a shot either 35mm or CCD that has been ruin by a green laser? My club is debating this issue. So if you have a shot with a green line trhough it I would like to see it.
Thanks
Bill W.

October 1, 2002 11:13 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Green lighs and Astrophotography

Posted By Bill Webster

I have heard many say that the new green laser can ruin a astrophoto. Does anyone ACTUALLY have a shot either 35mm or CCD that has been ruin by a green laser? My club is debating this issue. So if you have a shot with a green line trhough it I would like to see it.
Thanks
Bill W.

October 10, 2002 11:25 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Software cables and a dobs

Posted By Bill Webster

I have a 16" dobs with DSC and Skymap pro on my laptop. What I need is the cable to connect them. Does any one know who sells the cable. I have tried to make several different cables but it never works. Any recommendations? I don't want make it a GOTO scope just to show where on the laptop the scope is pointing.
Thanks
Bill W.

October 16, 2002 04:06 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

What happened to Heavens_above.com?

Posted By Bill Webster

I can't get to "heavens above" to track the ISS or shuttle. This is the first clear night since the suttle went up. Is the site down because of 9/11?

October 22, 2002 12:46 PM Forum: Star Parties

MASP & Golf

Posted By Bill Webster

Any golfers going to MASP? If you don't know MASP is near Pinehurst, NC. If we get clouded out one night I'm sure we can play a round on one fo the many courses in the area.
Anytakers?
Bill W.

November 5, 2002 11:36 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Re: Does anyone care?

Posted By Bill Webster

If you want "FAIR" reporting stop listening to the network news talking heads! NPR is a little bias but much better then the rest plus it's not TV. While we are on the subject has anyone ever seen P. Jennings' or D. Rather's legs? I really don't think they have any. Ok Ok i now that's really off topic.

November 5, 2002 11:42 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Best CCD camera under $500

Posted By Bill Webster

OK I'm making my x-mas list and I would really like a Canon D60 but $1200 is way to much to ask for. So can anyone recommend a good CCD camera under $500? I would like it for both astrophotography and family pictures.
Thanks
Bill W.

November 12, 2002 08:29 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

Mars at opposition (when)?

Posted By Bill Webster

When will mars be at oposition and what will it's closest distance from the earth be?
Thanks
Bill W.

November 23, 2002 01:09 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Who has seen the Buckeye Nebula?

Posted By Bill Webster

Most of you haven't seen the Buckeye Nebula

It is at a very rare 13.0 mag and is expected to dim
to 14.0 mag Jan 3rd 2003. It can be best viewed in
Tempe, Arizona. I've attached a hubble photo of the
Buckeye Nebula. Notice the eyes somewhat like the M97
the owl nebula.

Ohio State is Undefeated!