Posts Made By: John Hopkins

May 21, 2003 11:43 AM Forum: Religion

Too much bias against Christianity

Posted By John Hopkins

>>Im amazed all all the heckling, questioning, slandering<<

Hmmm...

Every once in a while a bit of heckling has been deserved. Not all that much, but then outright heckling has not been in the majority of posts either.

But where the heck do you see *slander*!?

(Peter Parker: "You can't print that, it's slander!"
J. Jonah Jameson: "It is not! I resent that! Slander is spoken; in print it's libel.")

May 21, 2003 11:52 AM Forum: Religion

Terror alert raised to High(Orange)

Posted By John Hopkins

>>I'm just curious, do any of you pay attention to this stuff? <<

What was the question?

(Sorry)

May 22, 2003 12:37 PM Forum: Religion

Should we ask for photos?

Posted By John Hopkins

This is a couple years old but nothing else handy.

I'm on the right. =}

May 22, 2003 04:17 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Is it just me or is Al sucking us dry($)....

Posted By John Hopkins

You still don't *have* to buy the stuff...

I've got all plossls for the same sorry reason I had to sell a couple of beloved scopes...

May 28, 2003 11:28 AM Forum: Religion

Trickle down

Posted By John Hopkins

>>10,000 Americans owning 10,000 small sailboats is better for the economy <<

If not for the ecology. (While not a tree-hugger, I tend to look askance at things like those Yellowstone workers having to wear face masks because of the exhaust from all the snowmobiles...)

>>employers like to have a surplus of workers fighting for a job..it makes for low pay and low compensation .. <<

Yes, and a high attrition rate for the older, highly experienced folks with impressive technical skills (if some of you recall that I'm in tech support, I'm sure you understand the value of being able to talk to someone who knows the product in & out). Skill and experience together are one killer combo, unfortunately someone who's hung in there for 25+ years gets a worrying amount of pay, and, you know, older people get sick and tend to develop ongoing medical conditions that require you to 'retool' your prescription program every 5 or 6 months...

...Sorry. If I keep going this will get entirely autobiographical. Next subject.

May 28, 2003 12:35 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

New 6" Apo

Posted By John Hopkins

My ridiculous and entirely delusional lottery daydreams just got a bit more fuelling. Thanks EVER so much.

=}

May 28, 2003 12:47 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Portal Pages

Posted By John Hopkins

There's always a few interesting links at fark.com

June 9, 2003 12:44 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Upgrading to a SCT questions

Posted By John Hopkins

>> LX50 GPS <<

Eh? Did Meade come out with another GPS model? I thought the LX50s were a closed-out line.

June 9, 2003 12:48 PM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

My humble dob

Posted By John Hopkins

Christine,

When was this WOW event? Are there more throughout the summer?

June 11, 2003 05:29 PM Forum: Religion

Religion: so where are we headed?

Posted By John Hopkins

Real tough call to make at *this* hostile point in time. It's difficult not to see conflict everywhere, with wildly varying degrees of severity, for centuries. Eventually, though, I can see #4 possibly emerging, but it's an 'eventually' that's quite a long way away.