Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

Andromeda Galaxy M31

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

Posts Made By: William Green

September 18, 2004 11:51 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Slow Motion Control Knobs for GP Mounts

Posted By William Green

Can anyone tell me the name of the outfit that makes the aluminum slow motion control knobs for the Vixen GP mount?

Thank you.

Bill G.

February 28, 2005 11:17 AM Forum: After Dark

New Vixen ED refractors

Posted By William Green

Anyone over there in Japan seen the new Vixen ED refractors? That's the ED81S, the ED103S, and the ED115S, all f/7.7. They are not available in the U.S. yet.

Bill

July 15, 2005 04:29 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Vixen ED103S and ED115S

Posted By William Green

Has anyone looked through, or even seen, either of these new apo refractors from Vixen? I'm interested in buying one, but I cannot find anyone who has even seen one, let alone observed with one.

Bill

July 24, 2006 11:51 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Moon Filter

Posted By William Green

Does anyone sell a really-high-optical-quality Moon filter? In the past, I shied away from using Moon filters in the belief they would degrade the image.

Bill

July 26, 2006 11:23 AM Forum: Eyepieces

September 27, 2006 12:01 PM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

Omega Centauri

Posted By William Green

How far south must I be before I can observe this globular cluster? I currently reside at 31 degrees north latitude.

Thank you.

Bill

September 28, 2006 07:46 PM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

Omega Centauri Again

Posted By William Green

Another question to whet my appetite for seeing Omega Centauri: How does it compare, in the eyepiece, to, say, M22, which I have seen? Are individual stars more easily resolved?

Thank you.

Bill

October 2, 2006 10:58 AM Forum: Refractors

NP-127is

Posted By William Green

I'm considering purchase of one of these telescopes for visual use only, and I would like to hear the opinions of current users, especially with respect to how the scope compares optically to others in its aperture range. The other scope I'm considering is the TEC-140.

Please feel free to send me a private message, if you like.

Thank you.

Bill

October 4, 2006 08:38 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Another Mundane Finder Question

Posted By William Green

Does anyone make a high-quality right-angle optical finder with a diagonal that is removable or at least rotatable?

Thank you.

Bill

November 2, 2006 07:32 AM Forum: Astro-Physics

Astro-Physics Mounts

Posted By William Green

Seems like I read someplace that Astro-Physics mounts may soon be available with little wait. Is that right or way off base?

Thank you.

Bill