Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

Andromeda Galaxy M31

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

Posts Made By: William Green

August 3, 2009 03:14 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Cloudy Nights

Posted By William Green

I have been unable to log on to "the other body." What say you folks?

Thank you.

Bill

September 3, 2009 05:58 AM Forum: Eyepieces

Pentax XW's

Posted By William Green

I've heard an ugly rumor that the XW's are being discontinued. Can anyone confirm that???

Thank you.

Bill

January 28, 2010 02:45 PM Forum: Global Warming - REAL or NOT

Those Evil Climatologists! (Revised)

Posted By William Green

Why doesn't the evil international conspiracy of climatologists and Liberal Democrats just give it a rest and admit that the GOP is right on climate change? I mean, everybody knows that GOP'ers are well-schooled in all things scientific!! Look at what they've done for evolutionary theory!! Yessir, I'd feel a lot more confident if Sarah Palin and New Gingrich, or maybe Mitch McConnell or Eric Cantor, were making all the big science decisions. Yessirreebob.

If only Ronald Reagan were still President!! He would whip all those climatologists and evil Democrats, and Obama (oops! I meant Osama) Bin Laden, too, just like he singlehandedly whipped the Soviets into submission, with one hand tied behind his back! (Never mind the dacades of previous Cold War presidents.) And he'd lower taxes across the board (billionaires need tax cuts, too, ya know!), increase military spending, save Medicare, and still balance the budget! (Never mind that when he was president he ran enormous budget deficits.)

Bill

February 10, 2010 03:11 PM Forum: Ask rating questions here

My Ratings Are Disappearing!

Posted By William Green

IIRC, I recently received one or two five-star ratings. Now they are gone!! What the hey????

Bill

June 13, 2002 03:50 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Anyone seen a SCT like this??? What is it????

Posted By William Green

Something built for NASA? For Skylab, maybe?

July 14, 2003 12:38 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Collimation=disadvantage???

Posted By William Green

Jake,

How could you tell that the refractors were out of collimation? Were the star images not round?

Bill G.

September 1, 2003 07:20 AM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

Size does matter

Posted By William Green

Please, tell us about your scope? 6" apo? Are they available to those of us in the U.S.? (I don't think so.)

April 13, 2004 08:13 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

New Celestron ED spotting scopes

Posted By William Green

Can a Celestron 100mm (or larger) ED astronomical refractor be far behind???

Bill G.

April 18, 2004 02:56 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

After last night.....

Posted By William Green

Ron,

Is that a 10" scope?? 12"

Bill

September 19, 2004 02:10 PM Forum: APM

Best color correction around.

Posted By William Green

Hi, Doug,

Does the TMB's superior color correction enable an observer (as opposed to an imager) to see more detail on the Moon, the planets, etc., or does the superior color correction just allow a more esthetically pleasing observing experience? Or is the TMB's superior color correction only important for imaging? Or what?

I'm not an imager, only an observer, and I'm not sure I understand the importance of eliminating the last teeny-tiny vestige of spurious color, unless doing so is important for imaging.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Bill G.