Posts Made By: Michael Kulick

July 27, 2009 03:17 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Use of 8-24mm Click-Stop Zoom in Bino-Vue

Posted By Michael Kulick

I am down to 2 scopes, TV-76 and TEC-6. I have the TV Bino-Vue and no ep pairs as of yet.
I'm wondering what sort of results I might expect using two of the TV Click-Stop zooms with these scopes...
Single ep's I currently own include 5 Radian, LE 7.5, 18 and 30mm and U.O. ortho 7 and 9mm. Oh, and an 8-24 CSZ.
Any thoughts?

August 7, 2009 06:28 PM Forum: Eyepieces

TV Binovue and TEC-6...use without Barlow??

Posted By Michael Kulick

Hello all,

I have a TV Binovue but no ep pairs as of yet...
I have FS-102, TV-76 and TEC-6. As I contemplate which ep pairs to acquire, (mostly for use with the TEC) I wonder whether or not I can get away with using the BV sans Barlow. 8O
At 152mm aperture, 1800mm focal length (f/12) the mags would be extreme with anything shorter than 15mm focal length if I have to use Barlow to reach focus.
I understand most SCT's have enough mirror travel to reach focus w/o the use of the Barlow...could it be the same for the 6" MAK I wonder?
Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
-Mike

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 12, 2009 10:38 PM Forum: Refractors

Re: Dew Shield Cap

Posted By Michael Kulick

William Green said:

I need a dust cap (or "end cap") for my refractor's dew shield, which is 6.25" in outside diameter. Suggestions? Maybe use a shower cap, as a last resort??? I sent an e-mail to Astrozap, in the hope that they might be able to make one for me, but so far no response.

Thank you.

Bill

Scopestuff?
Or perhaps inquire from the manufacturer of the scope...

Best Wishes,
Mike

August 17, 2009 04:02 PM Forum: Astro Binoculars

Ad #641896 Go and look!

Posted By Michael Kulick

Do check it out...
Vixen 30x125 with fork mount and encoders grin
These almost never come up for sale! 8O

December 2, 2009 12:14 PM Forum: Takahashi

Re: Is This Right?

Posted By Michael Kulick

I'll have to take this into account when I finally get a pier to set up the mount,
Thanks! smile
-Mike

December 5, 2009 12:48 PM Forum: Takahashi

Manual for Temma PC hand controller...

Posted By Michael Kulick

Wondering if anyone can point me to the manual for this?
Thanks in advance...
-Mike

January 20, 2011 11:54 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Thanks Herb!

Posted By Michael Kulick

....BEST Astro site there is!
And, thanks for the coffee cup!
Best wishes,
-Mike grin

May 23, 2011 02:41 AM Forum: Mounts

Tak legs same on EM-200 and NJP?

Posted By Michael Kulick

Hello to all,

Just picked up NJP mount, have a tall pier but need a short tripod to mount a Newt. I am wondering, does anyone know whether the wooden legs from an EM-200 are the same as the wooden legs on an NJP tripod? Also, whether or not I could obtain just the tripod hub to fit the NJP mount? I am looking for ideas, can anyone help? smile

TIA &
Kind regards,
Mike

May 23, 2011 02:48 AM Forum: Takahashi

Short Tak NJP tripod?

Posted By Michael Kulick

If I can obtain an NJP tripod hub, I am thinking to cut down EM-200 wooden legs to create a short setup that I can put a Newt onto...
Anybody know if the legs are the same for the two?
Anybody have one they are willing to part with?

Best wishes,
Mike

October 27, 2011 11:33 AM Forum: Mounts

Any affordable mounts for D&G 8" f/12...?

Posted By Michael Kulick

Having recently purchased a large, long-focus achro, I'm wondering if there is an affordable alternative to the larger $$$ go-to mounts? sad Doesn't need to be go-to, and best if able to run on 12v for remote use. And could something with A/C powered RA be easily converted to run off battery power? (I'd like to take it for outreach where 110v is not available.) I would appreciate your thoughts...
-Mike