My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Robert Derouin

July 18, 2004 11:54 AM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Bug Lunch

Posted By Robert Derouin

Here's a small golden spider I found in my garage either eating(note the fangs)lunch,or'preparing'it for another day!!Shot with a Nikon Coolpix 4300 in Macro mode.

August 2, 2004 06:47 PM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

...Even on Vacation!!!!

Posted By Robert Derouin

This guy was standing 'guard' at the front door to Kennedy Space Center on Mon July 26,2004.It had to be a little over 2 Inches long!!Taken with Nikon Coolpix 4300 on Macro setting. 8)

August 6, 2004 02:54 PM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

...the one that got away!!!

Posted By Robert Derouin

I just recently found this 'empty nest' on my newly painted backyard fence.I'm not sure if ALL those threads are from mounting the cocoon onto the fence post,or I more strongly believe that they're fibers from whatever was used to paint the fence!?! Cocoon is about 1" long. :S

October 31, 2004 06:47 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

...To Mr.Roland Christen

Posted By Robert Derouin

Hi Mr.Christen!, I bought a used 6" f/12 AstroPhysics apo Superplanetary refractor a few years ago!I simply love the instrument but I miss not having any technical information on it!I never even thought to save any of the 'old' Astrophysics catalogues I used to have.I wrote directly to AstroPhysics and they were not much help either!!The lens assembly has the number 61256 inscribed on the edge.I'm wondering if you can help me find any technical info on this fine scope,Mr.Christen!???Thanks for your time!!My e-mail address is bobcath28@msn.com

September 5, 2005 05:03 PM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

"big-boy"grasshopper

Posted By Robert Derouin

8O I ran into this rather large grasshopper (just a hair under 2-inches!) on a stroll through my backyard on Labor Day morning!!He seemed unfazed by my wanting to photograph him,her,....er,it!

September 20, 2005 08:46 PM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Nasty Spider....

Posted By Robert Derouin

8O I've seen this type of spider all over the Orlando,FLA area when we visit there!They're close to 2-2.5 inches in total length!!Now I've discovered them ,in abundance,in my backyard!!Can anyone tell me what kind of spider this is???Thanks,and enjoy the pictures!!

September 20, 2005 08:57 PM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Those G-hoppers!!......

Posted By Robert Derouin

8O Here's another of those large(approx. 2 in.) Grasshoppers that loves to inhabit my backyard...they also seem to be everywhere!!!

October 2, 2005 07:24 AM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Nasty Spider at Lunch.....

Posted By Robert Derouin

8O This image shows a view of one of these 'bad-ass' spiders having lunch in my backyard here in Rhode Island!

February 25, 2006 03:11 PM Forum: Celestron

How Good Are ORION's Celestron scopes ???

Posted By Robert Derouin

ORION's new line of SCT's are listed as Celestron OTA's with Starbright XLT coatings....are these the same quality as the SCT's normally purchased thru Celestron??????

March 26, 2006 07:55 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Dew Shields for a C-11

Posted By Robert Derouin

smile Anyone out there know of any Dew Shields for a Celestron-11 scope?? I'm looking for something along the lines of a "solid-one-piece" construction!! Do not want the velcroed,flexible type! Thanks all, for your help!! smile