My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Peter Glus

May 7, 2009 07:34 PM Forum: After Dark

North East...When Will the Skies Clear!

Posted By Peter Glus

Just complaining....seems like its been raining for ever in the Northeast! Oh, I WISH I lived in Phoenix....

May 12, 2009 12:16 PM Forum: Eyepieces

Borg Eyepieces?

Posted By Peter Glus

I recently got a Borg eyepiece, more out of curiosity than anything else. It was the "oasis" style. I am not claiming to have tested these extensively, but why would Borg package such nice scopes with what appears to be an inferior EP? The EP I had was particularly lightweight, and I am wondering it that aspect was prioritized over other performance (?).

June 2, 2009 04:05 PM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

My Visual Set-up in the Garagatory

Posted By Peter Glus

Here's my trio (C14, FS102, 6" WF Achro) on the monster (GM-200) in my garage observatory. C14 gives me best on moon, planets, db stars, and g clusters...FS102 when I want the purity...achro for WF and star-hoping. Argo Navis is also a good friend, used often.

Here's the trio

June 20, 2009 11:40 AM Forum: Eyepieces

Any Feedback on Astro Tech Titan 68-degree 38mm?

Posted By Peter Glus

I am interested in this EP, and was wondering if anyone had experiences?

June 30, 2009 12:39 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

First Shot with My Rebel XT

Posted By Peter Glus

Here's M13. One shot for 30 seconds, with a Rebel XT, "processed" using Microsoft Powerpoint (I sharpened it, and increased the contrast). Yes, the polar alignment was off but I was very happy that I am seeing colors...MUCH BETTER THAN VISUAL.

August 15, 2009 04:20 PM Forum: ASTRONOMY

Jupiter Rocks

Posted By Peter Glus

Finally, after what seems like months of rain and clouds, I got a view of jupiter from the NYC area that was awesome....brought it up to 300x and got many moments of steady seeing. Urban astronomers....take advantage of these next few days of clarity!

October 29, 2009 03:41 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

Just bought a older non-ed triplet...any others ou

Posted By Peter Glus

Just got a non-ED glass f/6 triplet (5") from the late 80s. Im going to strat doing some testing on this one, and wanted to see if there were others out there so that I can compare start test notes. My assumptions are that most aberrations will be non-detectable to me except very minor CA on par with a good ED doublet. Anyone owned one or looked thru one?

November 4, 2009 01:25 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Alignment of Dual Scopes - Need Ideas

Posted By Peter Glus

Have been thinking for years about the alignment of dual scopes. Seems like the "Optec Libra Alt Az adjustment" is nice but big $$$. Ken D's adjustable dual saddle are only for the vixen-type plates. I always thought that someone could figure something out with just a losmandy plate, quality rings (ones with a wide base), and four "push-pull" sets at the corners. This would be for the do-it yourselfers who dont want to spend $$$ and can tap some holes in the plates. Has anyone attempted or thought this thru? See my BAD sketch.

January 25, 2010 05:12 PM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

My tri-scope set-up

Posted By Peter Glus

A NA140, C14, and 110ED on the GM-200...in my garage observatory. Worked real hard to piece this together!

January 25, 2010 05:14 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Homemade dual/tri scope adjustment for cheap

Posted By Peter Glus

These adjusters are so expensive, so I made myself one. Its a prototype. Its a aluminum bar with holes drilled and nuts used for adjustment. One in back and one in front. Has large adjustment range, solid, and cheap (like 15 bucks total). Yes, it takes a bit of fiddling to get right but once its good it stays.