New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Robert Schmall

September 8, 2010 01:37 AM Forum: Polls

The One Trillion $ stimulus

Posted By Robert Schmall

Joe "J.D." Metzger said:

The way I see it, without the stimulus and the bail-outs, we could very well be in the depths of the worst depression in US history. But hey, that's just an opinion. I don't think anyone can ever know for sure...

Joe:
This poll has nothing to do with the stimulus; it's about Mr. Obama.
BTW, the first proposal for a $700 billion stimulus came from the Bush administration in August 2008, two months before Obama was elected. That got the ball rolling.

September 8, 2010 02:13 PM Forum: Polls

The One Trillion $ stimulus

Posted By Robert Schmall

louis church said:

But the Congress was in the hands of the Liberals and they were going to have the stimulus regardless of what Bush or the Republicans wanted or thought.

Please reread my post. It was the administration that proposed the stim, despite questions about how the $700 billion figure was calculated. Of course the legislation was passed by the Congress, according to the rules of the Constitution. What politician-- liberal, conservative, whatever-- would be opposed to economic stimulation during their term of office? The larger issue here is whether the poll question was politically motivated. No one has the slightest idea whether the stim has actually worked, as Mr. Metzger pointed out, and so the response to the question was predictable. It is a referendum on the current administration.

October 17, 2010 06:27 PM Forum: Polls

Raising Taxes On the Rich

Posted By Robert Schmall

Re the political sophistication of the people:

“Of course the people don’t want war. But after all, it’s the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it’s always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it’s a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger.”

Hermannn Goring, at the Nuremberg trials.

October 20, 2010 02:11 PM Forum: Polls

Which is dumber ?

Posted By Robert Schmall

Where is the third option: "People who make up biased polls"?

October 20, 2010 06:14 PM Forum: Polls

Which is dumber ?

Posted By Robert Schmall

All of these remarks are valid, but beside the point. This particular poll was intentionally designed to single out and attack one member, an example of not just bias, but mean-spiritedness. I agree with Mark.
Bob

October 20, 2010 11:42 PM Forum: Polls

Which is dumber ?

Posted By Robert Schmall

~ AstroMart LLC~ said:

BS

There are many that complain about the polls - not just one - you being one of the ones that do.

That is not looked at as a bad thing in our eyes. We are promoting Astromart. The more buzz about Astromart the better we like it. Good or bad it is all buzz.

We can tell you that Astromart is growing FAST which is good for our customers.

We are all about growing Astromart.

Thank you for the BUZZZZZZ

Astromart.Com

Nice spin. How about mentioning that I have been a member since AM started, paid my annual, donated several times and often praised you for maintaining a fine site. That doesn't change the fact that many of the polls are biased.
Bob