My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Robert Schmall

August 29, 2010 02:55 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

How many times must I sign in?

Posted By Robert Schmall

I just spent a half hour and a lot of my limited brain power to post a thoughtful response to Christine Canelos Walsh's post on abortion. After all that that effort I hit the popup that required me to sign in again BEFORE posting. How the hell do you think I got onto that thread in the first place? BY SIGNING IN. So my effort was lost--my post never appeared. Please explain.

August 29, 2010 02:55 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

How many times must I sign in?

Posted By Robert Schmall

I just spent a half hour and a lot of my limited brain power to post a thoughtful response to Christine Canelos Walsh's post on abortion. After all that that effort I hit the popup that required me to sign in again BEFORE posting. How the hell do you think I got onto that thread in the first place? BY SIGNING IN. So my effort was lost--my post never appeared. Please explain.

September 7, 2011 02:28 PM Forum: Politics

Next Month: Comanche Rain Dance

Posted By Robert Schmall

NOW, THEREFORE, I, RICK PERRY, Governor of Texas, under the authority vested in me by the Constitution and Statutes of the State of Texas, do hereby proclaim the three-day period from Friday, April 22, 2011 to Sunday, April 24, 2011, as Days of Prayer for Rain in the State of Texas."

from an official proclamation. The prayers went unanswered.

November 12, 2011 02:08 PM Forum: Refractors

Re: SEMI-APO???

Posted By Robert Schmall

david goldman said:

Can someone explain to me what the term SEMI-APO means?.

Absolutely nothing. The terms "semi-apo" and "super-apo" are marketing hype.

January 11, 2012 02:33 PM Forum: Politics

Rick Santorum on Education

Posted By Robert Schmall

Say What?
""This is the kind of, the kind of snobbery that we see from those who think they know how to run our lives. Rise up, America. Defend your own freedoms.""
— Rick Santorum, on President Obama's (alleged) suggestion that all kids should go to college

By dropping out?

January 12, 2012 12:52 PM Forum: Politics

Basic Pol Sci quiz

Posted By Robert Schmall

http://www.isi.org/quiz.aspx?q=FE5C3B47-9675-41E0-9CF3-072BB31E2692

Penn State University
The scary part is that the average respondent knows about half of the basic functions of his own governmental system.

May 26, 2012 11:02 PM Forum: Politics

Gas Prices Down

Posted By Robert Schmall

Since President Obama was harshly blamed for the increase in gas prices a few months ago, fairness requires that he be warmly thanked for the recent reduction in prices. Makes sense, right?

July 27, 2012 10:13 PM Forum: Meade

Need info on 10" Quartz SCT

Posted By Robert Schmall

A new friend found the scope at a garage sale without the cables or hand controller and they don't show up on Meade's site. He's a newbie and could use a manual to start, then a few pieces of equipment--he has the eyepieces, etc. Can anyone point me/him in the right direction?
Bob

August 4, 2012 01:06 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

How the poor, the middle class and the rich spend

Posted By Robert Schmall

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2012/08/01/157664524/how-the-poor-the-middle-class-and-the-rich-spend-their-money?utm_source=fp&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=20120801

August 11, 2012 01:33 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Wade Michael Page

Posted By Robert Schmall

A quote from today's Mike Nichols column in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel about the guy who slaughtered six people.

"Some speculate Page was bitter over losing whatever power he once had in the military or over losing his girlfriend or his job. And, of course, he was a virulent racist. Some think it had something to do with the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. If that is the case, Page was too much of a simpleton to know the difference between Sikhs and Muslims, let alone the difference between the countless, peace-loving Muslims in the world and Islamic terrorists."

Emphasis mine.