Posts Made By: Robert Schmall

September 13, 2011 01:54 PM Forum: Politics

"Pass this Bill!"

Posted By Robert Schmall

David Wagner said:

One MINOR detail...

There's NO BILL to pass..

What a maroon!

That's all right David, don't be so hard on yourself.

What Mr. Obama has proposed is not a tax increase to pay for his jobs bill. It is a return to the tax structure that existed before the previous administration passed a bill reducing taxes on higher income people. According to data provided by the NONPARTISAN Congressional Budget Bureau and Government Accounting Office, those tax cuts for the wealthy were the single largest contributor to the increase in the federal deficit. More than the war(s), more than the recession. Mr. Obama proposes that a reset on the taxes will provide enough income to offset the jobs program, which I question.

Now before you label me as a tax-and-spend liberal, be aware that I am somewhat conservative about the budget. We simply cannot keep spending the way we have while simultaneously reducing income. There is no way to balance the budget by reducing income; would you take a pay cut to pay your bills?

But already the hawks are circling. Gov. Cornym of Texas has starting using "tax increase" in his messages, as have others. Many REpublicans agree with a good portion of Obama's proposal, but many others are afraid to be labeled as collusionists with the administration.

October 22, 2011 01:08 PM Forum: N.A.S.A.

Does the space program need a longer timeline?

Posted By Robert Schmall

That's about as useful as an electric fork.

Seriously, when people say that they want to see a human being on the Moon or Mars, they mean it literally: they want to witness it during their own lifetimes. I'm content with the knowledge that we'll get there soon and my grandsons will witness it. In my lifetime we have gone from horse-drawn cavalry to the moons of Pluto--what a ride.

November 11, 2011 01:59 PM Forum: Politics

Obama Admin Adds Christmas Tree Tax

Posted By Robert Schmall

For the truth, go here:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/christmastree.asp

November 29, 2011 03:17 PM Forum: Politics

Cain alerts the media to his next 'problem'

Posted By Robert Schmall

David Cotterell said:

Well, there's never been a presidential hopeful anything like Herman Cain....

http://news.yahoo.com/herman-cain-gets-front-report-had-extended-affair-214443515.html

Dave

Grover Cleveland fathered a child out of wedlock.
Harding was a known philanderer. JFK was also.
Clinton ditto. Buchanan was almost certainly gay, and known to be.
Eisenhower had an affair during WW2.

The voters rightly overlooked all of this.

Cain will go down as simply unqualified.

December 15, 2011 01:36 PM Forum: Politics

Latest poll

Posted By Robert Schmall

Interesting that respondents would vote for any Republican candidate against Mr.Obama by a margin of 45% to 43%, but paradoxically the President beats EVERY ONE of the current declared candidates in a one-on-one election For example, he beats Gingrich by a huge margin and Romney by a narrow margin. So people want a change, just one that doesn't involve any of the current candidates. An example of the confused state of American politics.

December 21, 2011 01:40 PM Forum: No Holds Barred

Wow - who could have seen this coming - so sad

Posted By Robert Schmall

Herbert York said:

http://www.pbpulse.com/gossip/celeb-stalker/2011/12/20/chaz-bono-and-longtime-partner-end-relationship/

Well sarcasmed.

January 8, 2012 01:54 PM Forum: Bad to the Bone Autos

Mustango takes on Audi R8

Posted By Robert Schmall

Roland Christen said:

.... and leaves him wanting. The R8 Audi supercar with 420hp high revving V8 hung on from 65 to --- wink but Roush Mustango stayed 1 car length ahead.

I have to say, the Audi engine revving to 8500 RPM was sweet music, reminded me of a Ferrari or Lambo.

HMMM... the Mid-Life Crisis Grand Prix? wink
Wonder what the results would have been if the R8 had the same amount spent on upgrades as the Roush.
No offense, I'd take either car in a Texas heartbeat.

January 14, 2012 12:59 PM Forum: Religion

Why the Chador?

Posted By Robert Schmall

Rob Wiederrich said:

Please contribure your thoughts on why Islamic woman must wear the Chador.

Same reason that nuns wore those hilarious habits: the mere sight of the female form will drive males insane with lust. It derives from the biblical depiction of women as temptresses and harlots. I think the logic is flawed--it's men who should be wearing the chastity belts.

Old high school joke: you can kiss a nun, but you can't get into the habit.

January 19, 2012 01:21 PM Forum: No Holds Barred

Good job - Bad pay

Posted By Robert Schmall

Herbert York said:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/18/10182852-serial-sperm-donor-reveals-hes-a-virgin

Hear Ron White (Tater) on taking his dog to the vet for a sperm donation.

January 21, 2012 01:51 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

No Mayday?

Posted By Robert Schmall

Rod Kaufman said:

The captain was so busy evacuating himself the ship couldn't get off a mayday? What kind of a captain is he?
A busted one, I guess...
http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/14/world/europe/italy-cruise-deaths/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

What do you do with a drunken sailor erlye in the morning?

1. Make him the captain of an Exxon tanker.
2. Make him the captain of a Costa cruiser.