June 11, 2014 02:54 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Saturn

Posted By Dave Snope

Nice one

June 18, 2014 11:50 PM Forum: Politics

Re: He is a hero again

Posted By Dave Snope

Jim Moscheck said:

Let's hope that they get the other scumbags responsible for the deaths of the ambassador and the other three US diplomats.

Weren't there something like 150 of them, or maybe up to 200? From Omar Abdul Rahman Brigades, Ansar al-Sharia, Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, Al Qaeda in Iraq, Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula. It's good to grab one of them, but we have a long way to go.

June 22, 2014 04:06 PM Forum: Politics

“Email archiving done right”

Posted By Dave Snope

Cleta Mitchell, the attorney who represents many of the targeted conservative groups in a suit against the IRS, went on FOX News Sunday this morning to discuss the latest developments in the IRS targeting scandal.

Cleta dropped this bomb. It completely discredits the IRS’s latest talking points that Lois Lerner’s emails were lost in a single computer crash.

“I’ve had IRS employees who have emailed me this week who said all of their servers, it’s not just one little server in Washington, that there are servers in three different places in the United States. The IRS has a contract with a professional email archiving company. I want to know what the FBI has done to step in and bring forward their very sophisticated capabilities to understand what happened.”

June 26, 2014 05:32 AM Forum: Politics

I'm Ticked At Obama

Posted By Dave Snope

Wherever are you going to get the extra $4.00/month to cover that?

Aren't you better off than you were 6 years ago? More money in your pocket at the end of the month, right?

June 27, 2014 06:42 AM Forum: Politics

June 30, 2014 05:50 PM Forum: Global Warming - REAL or NOT

more of the usual BS

Posted By Dave Snope

My god the BS runs deep. Always by 2100. It's the magic year in most of these BS "studies". Wait what? The penguin population will grow for 75 years, then they'll head towards extinction, so protect them now against declining sea ice which is growing now? These people sound like insane snake oil salesmen.

Declining sea ice caused by climate change would place all 45 known emperor penguin colonies into decline by 2100, according to the population simulation.

Antarctic sea ice is at an all-time high right now. They want to put a species on the endangered list based on a computer simulation of one possible future scenario that is out of sync at it's simulation start up conditions.

Declining funding would put all 45 known penguin scientists into decline by 2015, according to my population simulation.

July 6, 2014 07:29 AM Forum: Politics

Spying on the Germans

Posted By Dave Snope

Ooh ooh, can I guess???

They're trying to steal Deutschland's top sekrit Enigma psypher machine that encodes the 11.9% unemployment rate into the fantastic reported rate of 5.1% while authoritatively keeping the populace complacent.

This would be a perfect tool for Obama and the DNC. Because Paul Krugman isn't quite the big enough tool any more to fool all but the truest disciples.

July 6, 2014 05:32 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Two New Images

Posted By Dave Snope

Beautiful images, Enrico! The galaxy shot looks like a professional made it.

July 8, 2014 04:34 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M6 & M7 Wide Field

Posted By Dave Snope

Thanks for your comments Dave, Rod, and Enrico.