My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Dave Snope

July 12, 2014 05:11 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Wide field image of several nebula in Cygnus

Posted By Dave Snope

Really nice. It's very dramatic, like a storm.

July 15, 2014 06:17 PM Forum: Politics

They are good at recycling - hard drives that is

Posted By Dave Snope

They shouldn't even be talking about hard drives. That's just a red herring. The computer hard drive only contains a local copy of emails contained on the mail server(s), and mail servers are backed up by other hard drives and tapes daily, weekly, and monthly.

The only excuse they can be making is to tell us that the hard drive was destroyed, the mail server has had emails older than X years deleted, and the tape backups have been lost or destroyed. And that's assuming the people didn't have another copy of their emails at home because many people also access their work emails at home through a VPN. So there are up to four places that would have the emails. Unless the org has it's act together and has parallel email servers for stability, then there are more copies. And of course copies at the other ends of each communication.

July 16, 2014 03:01 AM Forum: Politics

Liberals strike again

Posted By Dave Snope

All fear the wrath of Thor if some planet in the universe violates a women's rights by not paying for her morning after pill.

July 19, 2014 05:21 PM Forum: Politics

Hillary Knows What It Feels Like To Struggle

Posted By Dave Snope

The phone rings at 3am.

Obama: "Turn that damn noise off! I need to be fresh for that fundraiser and a round of golf tomorrow".

Lurch Kerry: "That must be the fresh caviar I had flown in for breakfast. See to it, James."

The Goracle: "I mandate that no phones ring between 9pm and 9am to reduce your carbon footprint. I will fly to Geneva next weekend to propose this to the world. My publicist and I are exempted so that we can spread the word."

Hillary: "I'm not picking up the damn phone unless I get paid $200,000. $300,000 if it's after midnight. $500,000 if it's a bothersome crisis."

July 22, 2014 05:51 AM Forum: After Dark

A Star From Utah

Posted By Dave Snope

That's a nice story, thanks.

July 27, 2014 11:17 PM Forum: Politics

Fox Panel Vs GOP: Immigration

Posted By Dave Snope

Maybe. How will it affect the democrat news anchors at FoxNews?

July 27, 2014 11:22 PM Forum: Politics

Now There's A Thought

Posted By Dave Snope

And Kerry's ceasefire proposal meets all of Hamas' demands, and none of Israel's. Obama says pretty much the same thing. "Stop bombing those Hamas tunnels, warmongering Jews". One wonders what conflict these men are watching.

Haaretz said that Hamas’ demands were all met in the draft, including opening of border crossings, passage of goods, and payment of civil servant salaries. However, there is no mention, Haaretz said, of Israel’s central demand for the Gaza Strip to be demilitarized and the terror tunnels destroyed.

July 29, 2014 09:14 PM Forum: Politics

As if we didn't already know

Posted By Dave Snope

Yeah, but, on the television I just watched Nancy Pelosi say that Hamas is a humanitarian organization. And then I saw Hillary Clinton say that "Hamas puts it's missiles, it's rockets, in civilian areas because it is small, and puts it's command and control in civilian areas because it is small".

So, Hamas is just there to help civilians have prosperous, healthier lives, and they have no choice but to hide their rockets in schools because of the evil joo's apartheid not giving them more land and stuff. Hamas is OK!

These two ladies have a bazillion years of leadership experience and international diplomacy credibility. Shouldn't we be taking THEIR word on this issue? Along with John Kerry's sparkling intellect?

grin

August 1, 2014 06:00 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

NGC-6910 Cygnus

Posted By Dave Snope

That's really nice, Floyd. Glad you finally got some quality time in.

August 11, 2014 04:42 PM Forum: Politics

For Years I Have Offered a Free Copy

Posted By Dave Snope

I'd like to read it.