From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

HorseHead and Flame

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Doug DeSimone

April 11, 2006 09:12 AM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

My First Post - Plain and Simple

Posted By Doug DeSimone

I thought I'd introduce myself by providing a glimpse of my grab-and-go set up. Hello everyone, I just registered with Astromart today.

September 18, 2006 11:09 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Astromart Newbie - How do I list as "sale pending"

Posted By Doug DeSimone

Hi folks,

I've just started using Astromart and listed my first item for sale yesterday. I was gratified to get a lot of interest and now need to list my ad as "sale pending". I could not find a sale pending button anywhere. I clicked the "mark as sold" expecting that maybe I'd have an option to specify either pending or sold - but, it just directly went to sold.

I've searched the FAQ and other forums for an answer, which I'm sure must be there somewhere but I can't find it.

I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me:

1. how to mark as pending.

2. how to change [sold] to [sale pending]

thanks,

Doug D.

February 8, 2007 08:01 PM Forum: Coronado-Lunt-DayStar Solar Filters

Best all around EP for PST

Posted By Doug DeSimone

I have tried a number of EPs in my PST including, Naglers, CEMAX, BO/TMB Planetaries, Tak LEs and a Hyperion 8-24. My favorite EPs are the Tak LEs (12.5 and 18mm) - best contrast. My least favorite EPs have been the Naglers (9 and 13 mm) - poor contrast in PST. Best all around most versatile goes to the Hyperion zoom - impressive and great contrast for a zoom. The CEMAX are also good but my nod goes to the Taks.

September 10, 2007 03:30 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

Re: 140mm f/7.5 Notification

Posted By Doug DeSimone

What was the first day it was "up" on the AP website?

Monday April 30.

I'm in same boat as William and wondering if anybody who went on the list on the 30th has gotten offered a 140 for purchase. For that matter - has anyone who put their name in at NEAF been contacted to purchase?

September 18, 2007 05:01 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

Re: 140mm f/7.5 Notification

Posted By Doug DeSimone

I am delighted to report that I got an e-mail this evening inviting me to order a 140. This has to be the shortest AP notification list wait time I'm ever likely to experience - 6 years and counting on another....

BTW, I signed on the morning of April 30th - sure glad I did smile

Thanks Roland and company!

September 20, 2007 08:14 AM Forum: Astro-Physics

Waiting list for 130 f6.3

Posted By Doug DeSimone

Joan,
The few people on the old 130 f8.35 had first crack at the new 140. My understanding is that they are already through that list and now contacting those (like me smile) signed onto the 140 list started in late April of this year. However, folks on the long 130 f6 list will be offered the new 130 f6.3.

So short answer - 130 f8 list contacted for 140, 130 f6 list contacted for 130 f6.3
Doug