Posts Made By: Sonya Ward

October 6, 2005 09:53 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Binoviewer

Posted By Sonya Ward

[COLOR="Blue"]Hello fellow stargazers
I am thinking of getting a inexpensive binoviewer. I guess I would like to hear pros and cons. Do they even work on scts? I have a Celestron 8" sct.
Clear skies
Sonya [/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR]

October 8, 2005 08:05 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Dielectric Star Mirror Diagonal

Posted By Sonya Ward

Hey astrobuds,
Anybody using a Dielectric Star Mirror Diagonal? Do they work as well as they claim?
Clear Skies
Sonya

October 12, 2005 12:27 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

LX 200 Software

Posted By Sonya Ward

Hey astopals,
I have purchased a LX 200 10" here off astromart it is in transit. I have never owned one like this. Is there software that will run the telescope from my computer/laptop? I also have a starlight MX-7 camera I will be operating from the laptop from time to time.
Clear skies grin
Sonya

October 28, 2005 11:51 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Below Horizon message in a LX-200

Posted By Sonya Ward

[COLOR="Navy"]I recently purchased a 12" LX-200. I think I set it upcorrectly but when it keeps saying below horizon when Orion was right there. I could move the scope to see it. What did I do wrong? I checked my settings and they look ok.
Am I missing something? :S
~*~Clear Skies~*~
Sonya[/COLOR]

February 14, 2006 09:06 PM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

Need help teaching children

Posted By Sonya Ward

Hey astro pals,
I was not sure where to post so here goes. I am teaching an astromony/ space class in a summer. Any ideas for my lesson plans or cool things to keep the kids interested. They are our future astronmers you know. I know a lot of you belong to astronomy clubs and I am sure yall teach them something.
Sonya

February 17, 2006 02:58 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

can any one identify this music

Posted By Sonya Ward

Do you know who created music you have to click on a sky gallery 1 and the track 1.. Sorry I did know which forum to post this in everybody seems to like this one.
Sonya

http://www.seasky.org/skygallery/skygallery.html

April 24, 2007 09:52 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Photoshop question

Posted By Sonya Ward

Hello everyone

What photoshop version do you use. I dont know that I can afford the photoshop cs2. I think it is like $999.00 or something. Can I use a older version?
Sonya smile

April 25, 2007 12:04 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Imaging & the Moon

Posted By Sonya Ward

Hey guys,

How does moon light effect our images? Can you image at all with it out? I know we can filter some light pollution.
Sonya

May 2, 2007 09:33 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Re: street lights redux

Posted By Sonya Ward

What kind of street lights do you have? I installed a skycap on mine, it works wonderfully. you cant tell there is light there from my back yard. smile Look at the difference.

http://www.darksky.org/key/skycap.html

July 11, 2007 08:29 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Classic LX 200 Question

Posted By Sonya Ward

Hey astropals,
I could not get my scope to align for anything. I usually do a one or two star alignment and were in business but not last night. I did start polar alignment but it was trying to align with a star thats not up now. I just purchased a new battery today ,I hope that is all it is. This scope as been a dream to operate. Anything else I should check? Lost half the night last night fiddling with it. :S
Sonya