New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Ido Oosterveld

August 23, 2006 02:32 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Popp Maksutov

Posted By Ido Oosterveld

Hi All,

Recently I buyed a set of 8" Maksutov optics (the main mirror and the meniscus with spot as secondary + the mirror cell and holder for the meniscus.I also have the tube so I can make a hopefully well performing 8" Maksutov.

Is there someone who has more information from the legendary Swiss optics designer E. Popp. or from his Maksutovs he build (from 6" models to 12")??.

Thanks,

Ido Oosterveld
Netherlands.

August 23, 2006 02:52 PM Forum: Maksutovs

Popp Maksutov

Posted By Ido Oosterveld

Hi All,

Recently I buyed a set of 8" Maksutov optics (the main mirror and the meniscus with spot as secondary + the mirror cell and holder for the meniscus.I also have the tube so I can make a hopefully well performing 8" Maksutov.

Is there someone who has more information from the legendary Swiss optics designer E. Popp. or from his Maksutovs he build (from 6" models to 12")??.

Thanks,

Ido Oosterveld
Netherlands.

January 19, 2007 11:48 AM Forum: Maksutovs

Self build 7.5" Mak

Posted By Ido Oosterveld

Hi

I have a picture from my 7.5 Maksutov.
I have build it in the last 4 months, with optics made by the Swiss Erwin Popp.
This Mak performs quite well on moon and planets.

Thanks,

Ido Oosterveld
Ntherlands

May 24, 2007 09:26 AM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

Classic Orange C-8

Posted By Ido Oosterveld

Hi all,

I have recently buyed end restored an Classic Orange C-8; cleaning the tripod, cleaned the optics and lubricated the focusing system. After collimating the optics it showed very sharp views of the Moon, Saturn anddeepsky objets.
I have compared theis 1979 model side by side withe 2 C-8 Ultima. This Classical Celestron with "special coatings" gives more contrasty views on the planets!

Regards,

Ido Oosterveld
Netherlands

May 24, 2007 09:30 AM Forum: Celestron

Classic Orange C-8

Posted By Ido Oosterveld

Hi all,

I have recently buyed end restored an Classic Orange C-8; cleaning the tripod, cleaned the optics and lubricated the focusing system. After collimating the optics showed very sharp views of the Moon, Saturn and deepsky objects.
I have compared this 1979 model side by side with 2 C-8 Ultima. This Classical Celestron with "special coatings" gives more contrasty views on the planets!

Regards,

Ido Oosterveld
Netherlands

November 24, 2010 07:26 PM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

My custom build 14" Sphere Dobson

Posted By Ido Oosterveld

A picture of my 14" Sphere dobson with a Hubble Optics Lightweight Sandwich mirror.

November 24, 2010 07:31 PM Forum: Reflectors

Custom build 14" sphere dobson

Posted By Ido Oosterveld

Here a picture of my 14" sphere dobson.
It works wonderfull and turning de telescope to an object goes very smooth.

There is a Hubble Optics lightweight sandwich mirror in the sphere and it performs very well.

November 24, 2010 07:38 PM Forum: Telescope Making

My custom build 14" Sphere Dobson

Posted By Ido Oosterveld

Here a picture from my home build 14" sphere dobson.
This telescope is performs very well with the smooth movements and the lightweight Hubble Optics sandwich mirror.

December 16, 2008 05:11 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Celestron 9.25 vs. Classic 1970 orange 8 Celestron

Posted By Ido Oosterveld

Hi gents,

I have an Orange C-8 and a C-11 Ultima PEC. What I can say is that I always use my C-8 on the planets, due to less trouble with air turbulence.... For deepsky I use always my C-11 because of the "wow" factor.
The C-8 setup time is 2 minutes, hauling with my 73 pounds forkmounted C-11 Ultima is not my favorite thing.....but when I observe I am glad that I have set upmy C-11.

Ido Oosterveld Netherlands