My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: George Blahun

March 9, 2012 12:34 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Amway Friends

Posted By George Blahun

Back in the 70s I was hitch hiking all over the US and while in FL was picked up by a guy who had just been immersed into the Amway lifestyle. Even though I told him I had no money, was living in the woods, hopping freight trains, walking and hitching, he still gave me a hard sell for buying Amway products and becoming a salesman. The ride lasted about 50 miles and he dropped me off in the middle of Florida in the dark of night. Man, talk about paying for a ride, I was happy to get out into the wilderness and slept happily in an orange grove. After thinking about the ride while in my sleeping bag, I thought he must have been just using me as practice, but it certainly had the feel of a Scientology meeting.

George

March 9, 2012 06:40 PM Forum: Pet Pics

Mini-Me

Posted By George Blahun

That's Hilarious!

March 15, 2012 10:57 PM Forum: No Holds Barred

St. Paddy Entertainment At Obama White House

Posted By George Blahun

Darian:
So why is your reference to "The White House" there? I get why St. Paddy is there. I get why the video is funny, it is. But why the White House?

George

March 20, 2012 02:50 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Question about tires?

Posted By George Blahun

Lee, I agree with Darian. You shouldn't mix tires on the same axle. It may alter handling and breaking, especially in wet conditions. If most of your driving is at low speeds it probably isn't critical, but for $40 more I'd match what is there.

George

March 21, 2012 11:50 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

How long are we going to put up with this crap?

Posted By George Blahun

My tax dollars were wasted invading and occupying Iraq, painting a few trees blue just isn't a big deal in contrast.

March 29, 2012 03:34 AM Forum: Religion

Most Religious American State?

Posted By George Blahun

Woo Hoo, Go Connecticut! 10th from the bottom. Of course CT is also ranked in the top 10 for education. I wonder if there's a correlation? grin

April 5, 2012 10:53 PM Forum: Politics

Stand Your Ground Laws

Posted By George Blahun

Many laws go through a life cycle with refinements added to clarify them and correct omissions. I think there needs to be some serious refinement to Florida's law. Also, there are some instances where it's impossible to know the truth with certainty. There's no reason for an innocent person to avoid protecting him or herself, but this case does have a lot of unanswered questions. If during your call to 911 the cops tell you not to pursue someone and you do anyhow, the burden of proof should be on you, not the guy you kill. Having said that, I have for years told friends, given the choice I'd rather be in jail than the hospital or morgue.

May 4, 2012 10:37 PM Forum: Politics

Member of Mr.Obama's council against bullying.

Posted By George Blahun

The truth hurts. I did enjoy it.

May 6, 2012 02:41 PM Forum: Telescope Making

grinding a mirror // my first attempt

Posted By George Blahun

Joe, it's nice to hear of your new project. I find working on a mirror to be a meditational time. You'll also develop arms like Popeye's. What size mirror and what focal length are you aiming for?

George

May 7, 2012 10:09 PM Forum: Global Warming - REAL or NOT

This is comical!

Posted By George Blahun

Doug said: Frankly, the Bible is more believeable than the story tales science dreams up.

I wouldn't go that far. Even if science gets it wrong, with only a few notable exceptions, they don't try to pass off fiction as truth.

George