My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: George Blahun

December 17, 2010 11:12 PM Forum: Polls

Astromart's Person/s of the Year is....

Posted By George Blahun

With no guidelines set, I am sure many of us adopted Time Magazine's criteria: the man woman or idea which, for better or worse has had the greatest impact on events of the preceding year.
In addition to Time's list of nice guys they have, among others, chosen Hitler, Stalin and Nixon. So it seems to me anarchists, fascists and despots have an equal shot at being person of the year.

December 19, 2022 11:00 PM Forum: Refractors

Takahashi FS60CB: finally in focus with everything

Posted By George Blahun

Nice solution, thanks for posting this.

December 19, 2022 11:20 PM Forum: Politics

Trump Trading Cards

Posted By George Blahun

Gee, if these become as "in-demand" as Cabbage Patch Kids or Nintendo was, maybe Astromart should consider a separate heading in the non-astro section of the classifieds, right next to the "My Pillows".  
A new low has now been set for the behavior of former officeholders everywhere.  Fred Trump would be very proud.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/15/us/politics/trump-nft-trading-cards-superhero.html

December 20, 2022 12:33 AM Forum: Politics

Trump Trading Cards

Posted By George Blahun

I guess if financial profit is the measure of success, then Donny and company must be happy.  Of course, Bernie Madoff and Jordan Belfort bragged until they didn't.  I'll bet none of those cards ever exceeds the value of my 1961 Post Cereal Mickey Mantle card.  

December 20, 2022 02:31 AM Forum: Politics

Trump Trading Cards

Posted By George Blahun

Originally Posted by Greg Shaffer

I saw somewhere yesterday that all that stuff went like hotcakes immediately and generated over $700k practically overnight.....
The real issue is:  How many did you buy?  These will never make it in the NFT world.  In a few weeks, the only place they'll be found is on Trump Trading Card night at the local John Birch Society.

December 20, 2022 02:57 AM Forum: Politics

Trump Trading Cards

Posted By George Blahun

Originally Posted by Darian Rachal

George, is that the type of card that you cut off the back of the box? I think I may have cut off an Ernie Banks when I was a child, but it and all my other cards are now in the Phantom Zone.😄
Darian, yes that's correct.  It was the most careful I had ever been with scissors at that point in my life.  When you do a search for those cards you can see some pretty humorous attempts at cutting.  Candidly, it would not matter to me what the value ever becomes, that card and the others on the back of the box are part of my history on this planet.  

December 20, 2022 03:01 AM Forum: Politics

Trump Trading Cards

Posted By George Blahun

Originally Posted by James Brown

Hi George:

I don't understand the NFT world, at all.  I've read some articles where digital artwork linked to blockchain (I think that is a definition of an NFT) has soared in value.  Inexplicably to me... Serious question, where is the value in any NFT?  Is it pure naked scarcity?  NFTs seem to be traded and valued by some, but why???  Anyone who can add insight to this obscure phenomenon would be welcome.

That said, why would Trump's NFT's be in the "never make it in the NFT world" category?"  Even though I do not see the appeal of any NFT trading for big bucks, I certainly do not see why Trump's trading cards would be any less desirable than other "digital art" NFTs.  Any insight?

Not that it matters, but I think the whole scheme is ridiculous and the super-hero images make Trump into even more of a laughing stock.  The egotism of the art is the most mockable thing I've ever seen.  

But that is not relevant to my questions.  For all I know, the $99 Trump NFTs could be worth a million in a few months.  In other words, some savvy traders may make millions on these, right out of the pockets of naïve Trump aficionados.  How could anyone let that happen to them?  Beats me.  Jim
Jim:
     I found this article in Forbes to be informative, but it still makes me leery of jumping into the craze.  https://www.forbes.com/advisor/investing/cryptocurrency/nft-non-fungible-token/

December 20, 2022 11:31 PM Forum: Politics

Breaking: Jan 6th Committee To Issue Criminal Referrals On Trump

Posted By George Blahun

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman
Obstruction, inciting an insurrection and at least one more on their way to the DOJ...
It will be interesting to see what the DOJ does with the evidence.  They have a lot to choose from.

December 21, 2022 06:22 AM Forum: Politics

Trump's "Major" Announcement

Posted By George Blahun

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck
It's nice to be able to enjoy the comedy without having to worry about Trump ever winning a national office again.  

December 30, 2022 10:42 AM Forum: Politics

Imagine if this was a democrat

Posted By George Blahun

I keep expecting Santos to say:  "I'm married to Morgan Fairchild and I've seen her naked".