Posts Made By: Greg Quinzi

August 10, 2006 08:39 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Not sure which to go with....

Posted By Greg Quinzi

Hi all,
I'm preparing to do some deep sky imaging with a Rebel XT and an 8" SCT (prime focus) mounted on an LXD75. I'm teetering on the idea of either using a guidescope or an off-axis guider. I don't have autostar and plan to manually guide my rig. Basically I'm trying to find out who's using which tools that yeild the best results using a prime focus setup with DLSR. Thanks in advance!

Greg

September 8, 2006 07:12 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Foam for SCT hard cases

Posted By Greg Quinzi

Hi all,

I've been searching for a place to aquire some very thick foam for my hardshell lx200 type case. Since I've stripped my lx down to just an OTA, I don't wanna waste all that extra useful space either. What I'd like to do is use a portion of the trunk for the OTA and the rest to hold my lxd75 mount. Does anyone know where I can get some very large pieces of foam to line the case? The Meade factory decided to chince out and pack minimal foam inserts glued to the inside of the main scope assembly box sad . Any advice is appreciated.

Greg

September 14, 2006 08:21 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Autoguider preference..question for those using autoguiders

Posted By Greg Quinzi

Hey everybody,

Just curious to know what people are using for autoguiding these days. What seems to work effectively to yield decent results. I'm currently using an off-axis with an 8" SCT, LXD75 Autostar rig for now. I hear some are using guidedog with LPI's, toucams and others are using stand alone units such as the ST4's and V's. Would love to hear what works for you.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

October 13, 2007 05:37 AM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Possible PEC problem?

Posted By Greg Quinzi

Hi, I was out earlier this evening and managed to pop off a few shots. Using an LXD75, phd guiding(PEC turned off as was suggested) and a meade 8" sct with piggybacked 80ED. Everything seemed to work great for the first minute and a half until I noticed after about 200 seconds the guidestar seemed to jump and ofcourse my photo has a tiny secondary star next to large stars. After a few hours of realigning and making sure everything was balanced, leveled, etc. I packed it in. No matter what I tried I still got those tiny seconary stars next to more prominent ones. I was getting tired and dew was coming for me as well sad Here is a photo of what I am experiencing. It almost seems as though there is a burr on one of the gears that hits every 200 seconds. Anyone have any suggestions?

March 29, 2017 01:17 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Classified scams

Posted By Greg Quinzi

This seems to be a new phenomenon on this site. I guess it's time AM start requiring some additional checks before just allowing anyone to sign up.