Ron Masters

Messier 87

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: William Biermann

July 12, 2009 12:55 PM Forum: Eyepieces

Explore Scientific's 100 degree (or 82 eyepieces)

Posted By William Biermann

Any preliminary reports on these eyepieces? (or do you know anyone who know anyone etc) ? (Just when I promised my wife no new eyepieces for 2 years maybe a new pari of earrings will do the trick)

September 21, 2009 10:37 AM Forum: Star Parties

Okie Tex 2009

Ok, I was there Sat thru Wed am....one pretty clear night, one half way clear , and two nights that were "opaque (sounds better than lousy).

I hate to ask, but how was observing Wed night - Saturday?

now that we have the statistical abberation of the clouds out of the way, odds are 7 days of clear weather, right?

Forever optimistic

Bill

September 30, 2009 06:59 PM Forum: Global Warming - REAL or NOT

oldest temperature

My son's science teacher told the class that "air temperature has been rising the past 300 years, as proven by thermometers, and indirect means.

I thought I recall seeing the oldest air termperatures on record posted somewhere on this site (and I have not been able to find this on the web.) Does someone have this? I wanted to either prove or disprove this statement

Thanks
bill

November 13, 2010 07:39 AM Forum: Eyepieces

Paracorr Settings for Explore scientific Eyepiece

I have acquired a Paracorr 2008 recently. I was wondering if anyone had the recommended settings for the For the Explorer Scientific eyepieces:
30mm 24mm 14mm 9mm

I didn't know if it was a trial/error approach, or if there were recommended settings

Thanks
Bill

June 15, 2011 08:13 PM Forum: Mounts

Help - Need an easy design

I volunteer at star parties: Time and time again, i have excited newbies bring their scope, thinking i can work magic on it. I hate to tell them it is junk: in fact, quite often, it is salvageable.....what they often need is a good mount...any ideas or plans for a $20 or $30 mount that i can point them to? quite a few of these scopes costed them 50 or 60 bucks, so i can't point them to a $100 mount
thanks

August 31, 2011 09:12 PM Forum: Star Parties

Texas Star Party

I have not heard any reviews of TSP 2011......anyone have reports?

Thanks
Bill

July 12, 2009 12:40 PM Forum: Eyepieces

Ethos Eyepiece Prices - Just An Observation

I suspect you are seeing the beginnings of some more favorable pricing. Explore Scientific now has 100 degree fields for $399, and Orion now has 82 degree eyepieces for $397. I think we will see everyone's price points dropping, and also new players .

Ah , Free enterprise. Any government subsidies avaialable?

Bill

July 12, 2009 07:18 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

How to use JMI Train-N-Track

I would suggest calling the manufacturer. what do the instructions state?

July 15, 2009 08:54 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

What is your dream scope?

Practical side: If you use your scope regularly, its much better than the guy who has one 4 times larger, and never views the universe. so appreciate your scope if you use it regularly.

But after 24 years of observing, I bought an 18 Night sky (obsession Clone), and it will DEFINITELY be my last scope. Great Pegasus optics, a GOTO that is dead on, Argo system........and yes, i use it regularly !

August 12, 2009 08:11 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Truss Dobs

If you want to go used, there was a company called "Night Sky" that made an extremely solid scope, quality right up there with Obsession or Starmaster. There are some homebuild scopes that are right up there in quality as well. Just look for high quality optics. In todays economy, you can save 40% easily by going used.

Bill