New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Daniel Janosick

January 8, 2005 02:33 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Re: one last Saturn hoorah from Jan 3rd

Posted By Daniel Janosick

Eric,
Absolutly an awesome image, you can actually see Saturn through Cassini's division!!! The sky conditions must have been perfect.
Dan Janosick

March 25, 2006 03:03 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

focuser help on vixenr200ss

Hi everyone,
I have a vixen 8" f/4 reflector and just purchased a st-2000xm camera. The focuser does not have enough in focus, wondering here if anyone tried the clement focuser and your thoughts on it. The stock focuser has to go, everything is proprietary on it. I would appreciate help on this matter
danny

June 6, 2006 12:14 PM Forum: Reflectors

vixen r200ss

I am at my wits end and could really use the expertise of this group. I own a vixen 8" 800 mm reflector f/4 and all stock accessories to include the coma corrector. When I use it visually and with a dslr it performs perfectly. However, I recently purchased a st-2000xm camera with a gerd neuman filter drawer and cannot reach focus. I cannot rack the drawtube in any further to reach focus. I purchased the 2" nosepiece (baader) along with the 2" low profile adpater (vixen) and still cannot reach focus but I can see I am going in the right direction.
I was told maybe the Denkmeier OCS is the answer but I was also told not to use the coma corrector along with that, I was also thinking of the Clement low profile focuser but then that would add alot of cost (500) plus I could not use the stock coma corrector unless they could make a special adapter so I could attach my coma corrector.
I love the idea of a native f4 scope and I do not want to change the configuration that would impact the focal length any thoughts...........at all?
Danny

June 6, 2006 06:56 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

vixen r200ss

am at my wits end and could really use the expertise of this group. I own a vixen 8" 800 mm reflector f/4 and all stock accessories to include the coma corrector. When I use it visually and with a dslr it performs perfectly. However, I recently purchased a st-2000xm camera with a gerd neuman filter drawer and cannot reach focus. I cannot rack the drawtube in any further to reach focus. I purchased the 2" nosepiece (baader) along with the 2" low profile adpater (vixen) and still cannot reach focus but I can see I am going in the right direction.
I was told maybe the Denkmeier OCS is the answer but I was also told not to use the coma corrector along with that, I was also thinking of the Clement low profile focuser but then that would add alot of cost (500) plus I could not use the stock coma corrector unless they could make a special adapter so I could attach my coma corrector.
I love the idea of a native f4 scope and I do not want to change the configuration that would impact the focal length any thoughts...........at all?
Danny

June 6, 2006 06:57 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

vixenr200ss

am at my wits end and could really use the expertise of this group. I own a vixen 8" 800 mm reflector f/4 and all stock accessories to include the coma corrector. When I use it visually and with a dslr it performs perfectly. However, I recently purchased a st-2000xm camera with a gerd neuman filter drawer and cannot reach focus. I cannot rack the drawtube in any further to reach focus. I purchased the 2" nosepiece (baader) along with the 2" low profile adpater (vixen) and still cannot reach focus but I can see I am going in the right direction.
Danny

June 6, 2006 08:34 PM Forum: Takahashi

p2Z

is there any way to outfit the P2Z with digital setting circles. danny

June 9, 2006 04:45 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Vixenr200ss

I own a vixen r200ss reflector, this is a 800 mm focal length scope with an f ratio of 4. I have had great widefield views, and success with a canon dslr. However, I cannot reach focus with my st-2000xm. It seems there is not sufficient back focus, meaning I cannot rack the drawtube in close enough. I do not want to change the focuser and do not know if this would completely resolve the problem, plus I do not want to change the coma corrector from stock. The only resolution from what I can see is cutting the OTA to force the light cone out of the drawtube. What are the draw backs of doing this? I wam wondering if you could advise me
thanks

daniel janosick

December 12, 2006 01:50 PM Forum: Refractors

field flattener education

I jus took delivery of a 130mm refractor and would like a breif education on field flattners. The scope has a focal length of 925mm. Before I cough up a couple more hundred dollars on a ff can anyone tell me if you can inter change branded scopes with differently branded ff's? Meaning say I own a WO refractor can I use a TV or an Astrophysics ff with it, or is each company's ff manufactured towards a specification of their own ota?
I plan on using the ota visually and with a variety of cameras, the sbig st-2000xm and a large chip dslr. I would love to hear from the group.
thanks and clear skies
danny

February 3, 2007 01:18 PM Forum: Refractors

Evaluating the New William Optics FLT 132mm

I was finally able to set up the WO flt-132mm the other night for a couple of quick snapshots. I took a 3 second shot of Aldebaran on a modified dslr. I cropped the star image so we could see it clearly. I am wondering what is causing the dark lanes at 120 degree angles? Is the normal, I checked optical aberations on the net and I do not beleive it is pinched optics? But would love this group to offer insights.

Daniel Janosick

February 16, 2007 03:07 AM Forum: Refractors

What in the world are these three dark lanes!

A few weeks ago I posted a thread about dark lanes every 120 degrees around bright stars on my new refractor. Many well referenced people told me they are the spacers , but I carefully checked and there in no sign of any spacers in the light path in any way.
I was then told that they might be piched optics by some others. The manufacturer told me the exact process and I backed each of the three screws out 1/8 turn. The resulting image showed no improvement.
I have attached an image taken through this scope with a dslr. Can anyone offer an explanation before I send this scope back for a full refund from the manufacturer.