mikhail vasilenko

NGC4216 with supernova 2024gy

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Arthur Klatt

November 2, 2006 03:30 AM Forum: Refractors

Afterthoughts on upgrades forum: 90 or 102, sv or tak?

Posted By Arthur Klatt

Hello everyone,
This is my first post, but the topic is timely. I am looking at portability as I travel a fair bit and am looking at the similarly priced taks and SVs in the 90 or 102 range. I am getting the feeling that for portability and travel, I best stick with the 90 and leave apeture for another unit. But now, the triplet 90 by SV or the Tak 90 (a doublet) is the question? I really wanted the 102 but price and size of mounts becomes an issue. Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Sincerely,
Arthur in Shekou, Shenzhen, China (a 40 minute ferry from HK)

December 11, 2011 04:31 AM Forum: Mounts

Tak Temma II bubble level

Posted By Arthur Klatt

I purchased a used mount and after some uses, the RA bubble levels slips left to right. I am assuming this should be fixed so I can level the scope correctly?

I removed the bubble level to find it is mounted on a sleeve which is also held in place with an even tinier allen bolt than the level! What size is that?!

Point is, I guess this all needs to be fixed, but then how do I know the whole thing is leveled? Trial and error?

Small problem, but I thought I'd ask if anyone had some magic, particularly with who carries such tiny allen keys, and a fast fix to level the thing properly.

I appreciate your time.

Arthur

November 28, 2006 05:16 AM Forum: Refractors

Why an APO or Refractor?

Posted By Arthur Klatt

I have discovered the fever of refractors too! I just purchased a borg 101ed short system with a moonlight focuser on astromart and I can't believe how clean the views are. Pleaides and colors in Hyades were great last night, and that's from the Hong Kong area. Love it, and it's so easy to take places. Thanks to Rick who sent it my way. Can't wait to take it to dark skies.
Arthur grin

July 25, 2008 07:17 AM Forum: ASTRONOMY

The 1st of August 2008 solar eclipse

Posted By Arthur Klatt

Hi Inge,
I will be in China doing the same thing. I will be taking a 101 refractor, but mounted binocs would be great too and much easier to travel with, so that would be my recommendation if you are on the move.
Have fun!
Arthur