My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jean Dorais

November 3, 2003 02:02 PM Forum: Chinese Optics Imports

102mm from Kendrick's....

Posted By Jean Dorais

Just got a call from Glenn at Kendrick's. They are expecting the scopes end of this week, early next week. So I should expect mine to arrive at the ned of next week!!!!!! There is a slight price increase, but the added components are well worth the extra 100$ CDN that it will cost.

As far as mounts/tripods go, I'm giving this a try...
http://home1.gte.net/amaroney/allen/oakmount/oakmount.htm

Cheers and clear skies,

Jean Dorais
Ottawa, ON
Canada

November 4, 2003 06:42 AM Forum: Chinese Optics Imports

1278's ...???

Posted By Jean Dorais

Greetings all,

Just curious as to what these 1278's are... I've checked Bill's site, and see no mention of a product number that matches or a product description that does either.

Help.

Thanks,

Jean D ( on the waiting list for a 102mm Burgess refractor)
Ottawa, On
Canada

November 4, 2003 09:11 AM Forum: Chinese Optics Imports

1026 order...

Posted By Jean Dorais

Now that I have the key to the code for Burgess Optical scopes, I will post correctly. I am one of the lucky few who only ordered a scope ( the 1026)at the end of October, so I am fortunate that I have not been waiting as long as 98% of you out here.

The folks at Kendrick's say that theyr are impressed as all can be with the test/demo unit Bill sent them during his last visit.

The wait is almost over folks...and the end result will be a really nice scope!!!!

Keep the faith, things will work out.

Jean D
Ottawa, ON

November 5, 2003 06:24 AM Forum: Chinese Optics Imports

Musings about the 1026....

Posted By Jean Dorais

Hi all,

I tried to call Glen at Kendrick's yesterday afternoon and he wasn't there. The gentleman I spoke to said he wasn't aware of any pric chnage and that as far as he knew, the 405$CDN included the rings, 2" diagonal etc...

The other bit of news he had no clue on was delivery date...he wasn't sure if the 1278 or the 1026 was shipping next week and suggested I contact Burgess directly.

I really don't want to bother Bill as I am certain he has other things on his mind, and he doesn't need to hear from me on delivery issues.

I guess I'll just have to wait...

Jean D

November 5, 2003 08:38 AM Forum: Chinese Optics Imports

Hmmmm 1026 vapour ware?

Posted By Jean Dorais

I've just tried calling Bill and kendrick's seperately...got the voice mail for both. Sent them both e-mail asking about hte REAL delivery dates for the 1026...will update the group with any and all information I get...if any.

Jean D

November 5, 2003 09:50 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

News about the 1026..ans 1278's

Posted By Jean Dorais

Just got off the phone with Tammy. The 1278's are indeed shipping this week, but they are still having problems with the 1026's. Bill is not comfortable shipping these scopes out until new optics are available, and that's going to take some time. Bill has received a set of 102mm optics, and is testing them to see if they correct the problems.

The bad news ( as if we needed more)is that the 1026's will NOT ship for another ( MINIMUM) 2~3 weeks. Or however long it takes them to correct the problems.

SO they are coming, just no time soon. I think the idea of a delivery pool would be a good idea. I say mine won't be here in Ottawa until Christmas.

Jean D

November 7, 2003 09:08 AM Forum: Chinese Optics Imports

Communicating with BO...

Posted By Jean Dorais

I feel I started a firestorm with my " Hmmmmm 1026's vaporware" thread... Such wasn't my intention.

Of course I've not been waiting for 8 months for a scope ( I placed my order in October). Whe I've called or e-mailed BO Tammy or Bill have always taken a few minutes to talk to me and tell me what is going on with the 1026's. I agree that Bill and company should update their website with current information...problem being that they are so swamped trying to resolve issues, talk to us on the phone etc..., that they don't have time to update the site.

Perhaps One of us could offer to update the site for them, and make more people happy ( remember you can't please everyone). Just a thought.

Jean D.

November 14, 2003 08:03 AM Forum: Meade

AR5 question

Posted By Jean Dorais

Morning all,

Just wondering if anyone in the group has one of these and what their impressions are?

Thanks in advance,

Jean D.

December 2, 2003 08:47 AM Forum: Meade

Meade service question...

Posted By Jean Dorais

Howdy,

A while ago, someone mentioned the name of one of the supervisors at Meade Customer Service...I've searched through the messages and can't find it. Can someone please post it. I am having a wee problem and would like to have a name of someone I can try and speak to at Meade.

Thanks,

Jean D.

January 5, 2004 11:27 AM Forum: Chinese Optics Imports

1026's?

Posted By Jean Dorais

Just seeing if the 1026's have shipped or if there has been any sort of sign of life from BO...?

No longer on the wait list, just curious.

Cheers,

Jean D.