Posts Made By: Paulo martin

October 27, 2011 08:26 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Deciding between two Nexstar models

Posted By Paulo martin

Hello,
I'm looking for advice to decide between two telescopes, one is the model Nexstar 5SE and the other Celestron 127 SLT Nexstar Maksutov ..
I have no very marked preference for the type of object to observe, I like both the planets, moon and star clusters, nebulae, double stars ... .., there is great difference in price between them, almost double by the Nexstar 5SE, but really do not know if there is much difference between the visual observations of both..., the Nexstar 5SE mount seems much more stable and robust, if someone can say something about it I would be very grateful. greetings and thanks

November 10, 2011 06:30 PM Forum: Astro Binoculars

10X70 vs 10X50 binos

Posted By Paulo martin

Hello,
I am looking for a binoculars for wide angle astronomical observation, the candidates are this two model 10X50 or 10X70, you have observing with this models, for nebulas and star clusters..Milky way, Pros and Cons?
thanks
Best
Paco

March 21, 2012 04:42 PM Forum: Refractors

Wide field refractor

Posted By Paulo martin

Hello,
I was wondering if a short refractor, F / 5 or F / 6 achromatic 4 "would be a good telescope for deep sky observation but for the wide-field side, not for details on objects.
But to nebulae and clusters OIII or UHC filters ..? Could compete with this telescope a refractor with ED lens of 80 or 90mm?
regards

March 21, 2012 04:47 PM Forum: Eyepieces

Large apparent fields

Posted By Paulo martin

hello,
Really worth the outlay in the purchase of an Ethos eyepiece as compared with another that provides 82 º apparent field?
Entire field is usable to 100 °?
I read somewhere that the experience is fabulous, it's a WOW!, But I've also read that it is not usable at all those 100 degrees, and some people said that "their" limit is the 72 th ..
Has anyone been able to compare some of these eyepieces?
a greeting

June 15, 2012 09:03 AM Forum: Astro Binoculars

10X30 vs 12X36 II

Posted By Paulo martin

Hello,
There is too much differences between the Canon 10X30 and the 12X36 II IS models?
Anyone have using for astronomy, o maybe only for birding?
Thank you
Best

November 28, 2006 09:33 PM Forum: TeleVue

Best eyepieces for Pronto.

Posted By Paulo martin

Hello,

Thank you very much for all opinions, ..also, I like know what magnification are best for this telescope, for wide angle and for high magnification,and medium range.

Again, thank you.

Paul

May 26, 2007 07:57 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Mars this morning

Posted By Paulo martin

Hello,

Wow! it is a very good shot of Mars.

Thanks,
paul

August 21, 2007 04:13 PM Forum: Maksutovs

Maksutov OMC

Posted By Paulo martin

Hello,

There is anyone with some experience with the 140mm OMC Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope?

Thanks,
Paul

September 14, 2007 02:12 PM Forum: Refractors

Got the Vixen NA140

Posted By Paulo martin

Hello,

The 140 Vixen telescope is a good telescope for wide angle vistas or best for planetary observations,?

Paulo

October 6, 2011 10:17 PM Forum: Astro Binoculars

Giant binoculars with UHC Flip-in filters.

Posted By Paulo martin

They can to be the same that this: Apogee Binoculars come with Built-In Dark-Sky ™ Nebula Filters that Flip-In or Out with the flick of your thumb.??
Thanks