My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Fred Dase

November 10, 2013 06:16 PM Forum: Politics

Guns & Ammo Editor Driven Out

Posted By Fred Dase

Rod, Usually I agree with your posts. In this case however nobody was attacking his constitutional rights.
Stating an opinion can (and usually does) have consequences.
Personally I agree with the guy that there needs to be some restrictions. That's why I refuse to join the NRA
even though I'm an avid shooter. I usually go to the range twice a week.
IMO the problem with the so called "gun nuts" is that they view ANY discussion or utterance of gun restriction as
equal to an outright ban on all firearms.

Fred Dase

March 30, 2014 02:58 PM Forum: Politics

Sharia Law Supersedes British Common Law

Posted By Fred Dase

Rod, How is this a problem, or even a matter of "Sharia Law Supersedes British Common Law" as your title states ?
If I'm making out a will I can exclude or include anyone I choose to. I always thought that was the purpose of a will to begin with.

Fred Dase

April 1, 2014 10:37 PM Forum: Politics

A New Kind of Surge

Posted By Fred Dase

Just trying to head them off at the pass ... so to speak.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-obamacare-numbers-20140331,0,4488747.story#axzz2xg15eEBH

Fred Dase

April 20, 2014 04:12 PM Forum: Politics

Obamacare Is Working

Posted By Fred Dase

Dave, why do you always seem to use skewed numbers in your posts.
Your $1.7 trillion figure is the total cost over 10 years as originally projected by the CBO.
They have revised that number down by $1.5 billion since then.
By 2016 they have also projected that 25 million more people who are currently uninsured will have insurance.

Obamacare is not perfect by a long shot.
Posting an opinion piece that uses invalid facts as it's core makes that opinion invalid as well.
IMO that holds true for most of your posts too.

Fred Dase

November 22, 2014 08:48 PM Forum: Politics

GOP's Report Debunks Benghazi

Posted By Fred Dase

Even though this is the 7th time an investigation has come to this same conclusion you can be sure the wingnuts won't concede the facts.
I'm sure faux has an entire team working thru the weekend trying to come up with "new" talking points.
If history is any indication I'm sure we'll hear ....
1) The Obama Administration lies.
2) They were stonewalled by the Obama Administration.
3) It's the Liberal Media
4) Yes there was a stand down order given. 3 guys selling a book said so.
5) Where exactly was President Obama while this was happening.
6) BS ... It's still Hillary's fault.

I have to add another one I just read from the Sunday talk shows.

7) The lack of any findings is PROOF of a cover up.

Fred Dase

August 3, 2015 02:49 AM Forum: Politics

Trump's Economic Plan...

Posted By Fred Dase

Trump's numbers are high right now because he's appealing to the far right wing nuts.
I predict that his numbers will plummet after the first debate when everyone will see that he's just blowing smoke out his butt.
He fires up the base but has no real substance or plan.

March 31, 2016 12:30 AM Forum: Politics

Speaking of Hillary

Posted By Fred Dase

Jim,
Here's how I see things. Hillary is far from the perfect candidate as are 99.9% of all politicians.
Ever since Bill got elected either he or she as been accused and investigated for some perceived "scandal" from the right.
Wasn't it the day Bill was sworn in that they started investigating Whitewater, A 20 year old land deal. That was 25 years ago.
The right has worked themselves into a frenzy over the Clinton's. Whitewater, Travelgate, Vince Foster, Chinagate, Benghazi to name the biggies.
They got Bill for lying about a Blowjob ... BFD. It's like the boy who cried wolf when it comes to the right. Why should I pay attention now ?
I'm still going to support Hillary because I think she will be tough in dealing with the rest of the world without getting us into another
useless war while taking care of the less fortunate Americans here at home.
I could care less about her private email server unless they prove it was in fact hacked and our national secrets stolen.
If they prove she allowed our secrets to be stolen then I will be in the front of the line to throw her in prison.

Fred Dase

May 7, 2016 10:59 PM Forum: Politics

FBI Probe Nearly Concluding...

Posted By Fred Dase

You already know how this is going to play out .....
The right will scream and stamp their feet claiming President Obama protected her.
She lied her way out if it. She got off because she stonewalled the investigation.

The House will want ANOTHER investigation to investigate the first investigation.

It's been fun watching all the Clinton "scandals" over the last 25 years fall flat,
while the Republicans pulled their hair out.

Fred

July 31, 2016 09:05 PM Forum: Politics

Trump:" Putin Won't Go Into Ukraine"

Posted By Fred Dase

I love his answer when that was pointed out to him.
"OK -- well, he's there in a certain way. But I'm not there. You have Obama there."

I can't wait for the debates. Hopefully Donny won't back out at the last minute.
Fred Dase

September 25, 2016 04:37 PM Forum: Politics

Donald Trump skipping debate prep?

Posted By Fred Dase

Patrick, You should already know how this "debate" will play out.

1) Trump will be asked a specific policy question.
2) He will give some obnubilate answer and/or spout one of his talking points.
3) The moderator will ask follow up questions trying to get a clear answer to the original question.
4) Trump and his supporters will whine about Trump being unfairly treated.

I would not be surprised to see Trump walk off stage during the debate and/or refuse to participate in
the following 2 debates.

I've been looking forward to tomorrow night ever since they listed the schedule.
I think Hillary will spend most of the night giving specific answers and trying to bait Trump.
It only takes a split second for a major gaffe. I hope Hillary is not the one making it.

Fred Dase