My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Fred Dase

October 12, 2007 02:26 AM Forum: Eyepieces

Anyone have a TMB Paragon 30 review ?

Posted By Fred Dase

I saw one for sale here, but can't find any reviews of it.
Anyone have first hand experience with one ?

Thanks
Fred Dase

April 3, 2008 09:02 PM Forum: Politics

Re: The Real Dirt on the Dems

Posted By Fred Dase

You're really trying to stretch things here arn't you?
I would also appear you didn't read the entire article as McCain
also has a similar consultant.
IF indeed it is something to worry about it's not just a "Dem" problem.

Fred Dase

May 23, 2008 03:31 PM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Woodchuck Den

Posted By Fred Dase

I came across these guys while walking thru the woods near the 3rd battle of Winchester VA. civil war battlefield.
There were 7 total but I could never get all of them in the frame at the same time.

February 15, 2009 06:55 PM Forum: Politics

Re: More on Obama's attack on Vegas

Posted By Fred Dase

I read the article that you linked. I've always felt reading comprehension was one of my stronger points, so I'd like to address things.

1)"Last week, both Wells Fargo and Goldman Sachs canceled corporate junkets scheduled to take place here in Las Vegas."

Is a junket the same as a learning convention in the corporate world ? They're not according to the dictionary.

2)"Gaming revenues fell every month last year and they were down nearly 19% in December which is a drop of 9.7% for all of 2008.
That is the worst gaming revenue decline in Nevada's history."

It stands to reason that as the economy has gotten worse people have less money to waste gambling. The article states nothing about
revenues related to the convention industry there. While I'll agree that the two are connected in such that the less people that come
to Las Vegas the less people there are to gamble obviously its not a one to one tradeoff.

For your premise to be correct Obama's comment would have had to affect Las Vegas retroactively which is impossible. With Decembers numbers being down 19% vs down 9.7% for the year we can surmise that revenue went down more each month during 2008. The only true test as to the whether Obama's words have hurt Las Vegas will be if those revenue numbers decline at a steeper rate in the months following that comment than they did before.

Fred Dase

April 30, 2009 12:15 AM Forum: Politics

Re: Tea Party Response

Posted By Fred Dase

Jim,
It's fairly obvious that you don't like Obama. I would like to give you a little something to think about.

Given all the posts you've made ragging on him for any little perceived (by you) error hes made since taking office. Do you think that when he really does do something deserving of being "raked over the coals" for that the people here on AM will pay any attention to what you have to say then ... or will it just be a case of "chicken little" and your opinion will be blown off as such ?

I won't get into a debate with you regarding what he has or hasn't done wrong. Thats not the purpose of this reply.

Fred Dase

May 16, 2009 04:23 PM Forum: Politics

What are my options ?

Posted By Fred Dase

I think I know the answer to this question, but I'll ask since alot of you seem more knowledgable about the way the government works.

I'm a US Senator (makes no difference what party) I'm given a top secret briefing. In this briefing I'm told that the current administration is doing something I think is or should be illegal such as torture, political assassination.
What are my options? Would I go to jail and/or be charged with treason or would I be protected under the whistleblower laws if I made this knowledge public?

Fred Dase

June 12, 2009 08:52 PM Forum: Politics

Re: Fraud

Posted By Fred Dase

Jim. In another of your posts last week you state how Obama is bankrupting the country with this stimulus plan. The artical you linked states that hes only doled out 5% of the money allocated. That 5% = $45 billion. So now we're expected to believe that $50 billion of the $45 billion spent was fraudulently received ?
You're better at math than that arn't you ?

Fred Dase

June 17, 2009 12:51 AM Forum: Politics

Jim please buy a calculator

Posted By Fred Dase

Jim this is another example of the math problem you've had recently.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12400801/

updated 3:31 p.m. ET, Tues., June 16, 2009
Retail gas prices rose for the 49th straight day Tuesday even though crude fell again.

The national average price for a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline gained a half cent overnight to $2.674, according to auto club AAA, Wright Express and the Oil Price Information Service, surpassing a stretch in early 2007 when prices moved up 48 straight days.

In late April, when this streak began, a gallon of gas cost only $2.05.

Fred Dase

July 18, 2009 04:22 PM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

New free observing log website

Posted By Fred Dase

New web site for free observing logs and booklets. NO ads. ALL Free !!

http://www.astronomylogs.com/index.html

Fred Dase

November 1, 2009 03:20 PM Forum: LUNATICS

Mosaic Image of the Moon

Posted By Fred Dase

I created this image using the Consolidated Lunar Atlas from NASA. It's 82 images hand stitched together.

You can download a 24" x 24" version from my website.
http://www.astronomylogs.com

I hope you find it useful
Phred