My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Fred Dase

October 23, 2012 09:02 PM Forum: Politics

Military lesson?

Posted By Fred Dase

Rob, He said there are not as many horses and bayonets in the US Military now as in World War I.
He never said there were none.

Fred Dase

October 23, 2012 11:25 PM Forum: Politics

Military lesson?

Posted By Fred Dase

"You mention the Navy, for example, and that we have fewer ships than we did in 1916. Well governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets,"

Fred Dase

November 2, 2012 10:20 PM Forum: Politics

Libya Timeline Revealed

Posted By Fred Dase

Rod Kaufman said:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/world/55194916-68/cia-team-libyan-officers.html.csp?page=1
I assume Romney gets intelligence briefings along with our president. And that's probably the reason he didn't pursue the issue...

I believe that was the general consensus as to why Romney didn't try attacking President Obama about Benghazi during the 2nd debate.
Both he and Ryan started getting intelligence briefings about a week after the attacks

Fred Dase

November 9, 2012 12:00 PM Forum: Politics

How Conservative Media Lost to the MSM and Failed

Posted By Fred Dase

Excellent article. I doubt it will sway anyone from the far right to re-evaluate their news sources or talking points.

Fred Dase

November 15, 2012 11:18 PM Forum: Politics

What Will Rod Post Next?

Posted By Fred Dase

I see now. You right wingers seemingly post every opinion piece that has any negative connotation for President Obama and that's fine and taken as gospel. Rod posts actual facts and links to back them up that reflect favorably on the President and he's derided and ridiculed.
It would seem to me that the GOP playbook is alive and well. Stay ignorant and misinformed. Enjoy your version of reality. The 2014 elections are not that far away.

Fred Dase

November 16, 2012 04:56 AM Forum: DVDs and Music and Books That You Recommend

One of the best ever ..

Posted By Fred Dase

Excellent !!! Thanks Herb.

Fred Dase

November 23, 2012 08:05 PM Forum: Politics

Colbert on Bill O'Reilly and the Tides

Posted By Fred Dase

That was funny.
I can't believe B.O. actually believes the tides and Earth's rotation prove what he claims they prove.

Fred Dase

November 23, 2012 08:07 PM Forum: Politics

Word Of The Day

Posted By Fred Dase

Dave Snope said:

Ineptocracy – (in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) : A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number or producers.

How's that alternate reality working out for you ?

Fred Dase

November 27, 2012 11:04 PM Forum: Politics

Forward in Virginia

Posted By Fred Dase

So according to you it's President Obama's fault when any company goes out of business.
I keep asking but never receive and answer.
How's that alternate reality working out for you ?

Fred Dase

December 7, 2012 03:22 AM Forum: Politics

The US and the UN

Posted By Fred Dase

Jim, I think it's a shame that the UN treaty on disabilities was shot down here. As you said it would have served as a good symbol for the world,
and had no teeth.
I think a lot of the "Conservatives" seem to have to say NO to things just to show they have power if/when whatever it is doesn't happen.
When anyone truly tries changing or starting anything they're always open to criticism regarding time, money or outright failure.
It's safer just to say NO.

I probably view the UN differently than most people. I think that eventually (if we don't destroy ourselves first) there has to be a World Government.
I hope its based on the USA and each Country is kind of like a State here is now. I don't see this happening anytime soon. It could be a 1000 years or more, who knows. I look at the UN as a necessary precursor to this.

Fred Dase

Fred Dase