My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Edward Waddell

December 20, 2003 05:32 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

CG-5 GOTO MOUNT

Posted By Edward Waddell

Has anyone had any time with the new CG-5 mount? I was curious of its tracking ability for digital photography. Also how well does the autoguiding work .
Thanks
Ed

January 3, 2004 03:12 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

CG-5 ASGT MOUNT CONCERNS

Posted By Edward Waddell

I ordered a cg-5 asgt mount about three weeks ago. My funds are limited. I understand you get what you pay for but the story on the yahoo as group sounds like a horror story. Problems with crazy slewing,cable problems,etc. Is this a fact or because of the price too many first timers are buying these. I shutter to think celestron would put a lemon on the market. Mine is back ordered by the way.

January 9, 2004 05:26 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

LX 200 Tracking

Posted By Edward Waddell

You guys seem to have gone fishing. The skies are bad anyway. Call up your experience and help me on this one. Iam posting 3 photos. The first a three minute unguided exsposure of the dumbbell(which from the looks of it I feel like it is me)The second is a one minute exsposure of the great orion. The third is a one minute exsposure after a training session with P.E.C. I got lucky. I have just recently started imaging and my question is : Is the drive variation in the first two photos normal? Second is it that difficxult to fine tune your system to make longer exsposures?
Thanks Ed

January 14, 2004 03:15 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Orion 80mm ED

Posted By Edward Waddell

Anybody got any photos taken with the 80mm ed ? Thinking about buying one if Uncle Sam is good to me.

January 30, 2004 08:31 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Ivan-80mm on lx200

Posted By Edward Waddell

Ivan
I just recieved my 80mmED and have mounted it on the Lx200 8". I have the slide bar balance system from Meade. This does not seem to do the trick.It will balance in a horizontal position but move it either way 30 degrees and it becomes heavy on that side. Suggestions?
Ed Waddell

January 30, 2004 09:25 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Alright! Clouds Are Gone!

Posted By Edward Waddell

Its gonna' be clear tonight! I am finally off! Have I got some settin' up to do!

July 23, 2004 07:21 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

CGE MOUNT PERFORMANCE

Posted By Edward Waddell

Anyone have any astrophotography time in on the CGE mount?
Would love to hear some performance reviews.

September 21, 2013 03:43 PM Forum: Lost Contacts and Personal Messages

Ed Waddell has Passed Away

Posted By Edward Waddell

I know from reading reviews and transactions that you all greatly respected Ed, so I am asking out of respect and reverence for him, for you guys to help. I will, in the coming weeks be uploading all the telescope related items I can find of his for sale. Unfortunately, I do not know what a lot of these items are and will need help identifying them. Some of them I can use the almighty google for, but others have no identifying markers and I would have no idea where to start. Also, as one of his greatest pleasures was making a mega- frankentelescope, many pieces are put with different set ups and I will need to sort them. You can get in touch with me through his account, I have kept it open to sort through some of his auctions and contacts. Much Thanks, Cymri Hight (Ed Waddell's granddaughter)

January 8, 2004 12:38 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Another Rebel Moon

Posted By Edward Waddell

Impressive!

January 8, 2004 03:21 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Nikon 990 noise issue?

Posted By Edward Waddell

Dean
The noise looks ok. I have a nikon 5400 and a 4300 and both have noise reduction in the menu. I am not sure about the 990 but if its able to do a bulb exsposure it should. If you turn the noise reduction on it will automatically take a dark frame exsposure equal to your manual exsposure and subtract it.If not do what Tapio suggested.
Good Luck
Ed