January 10, 2004 01:29 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

LX 200 Tracking

Posted By Edward Waddell

obviously I cant post but one picture at a time so you will have three posts

January 16, 2004 01:31 AM Forum: Celestron

CG-5 Mount problem

Posted By Edward Waddell

Tapio
Curious? When did you recieve your mount?

January 16, 2004 07:28 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Can a Meade GPS be stored outside?

Posted By Edward Waddell

Unless you have an outside building sealed from the elements and vented when the tempature gets very hot I would not recommend it. There are other solutions such as a permantly mounted pier and mount. Check the Mapug site. there are a lot of good tips there.

January 17, 2004 08:59 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Orion SteadyPix Universal Camera Mount opinions??

Posted By Edward Waddell

Tom
My first photos were taken with an epson digital camera. I had the same problem with no lens threads.I purchased the scopetronix version of this adaptor,which looks to be the same,and although it worked it was a pain to set up. The lock down screws were just not enough to keep the whole assembly stable. I found myself forever trying to tighten the screws a little more and adjusting the angle to get a clear view through the camera. I ended up selling the epson and purchasing another camera and using scopetronix digi-T system I am happy!
Good Luck
Ed

January 18, 2004 09:29 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

RATE YOUR FAVORITE DIGITAL CAMERAS!

Posted By Edward Waddell

1. Nikon D100- up to iso 1600 Cant afford one $1000 +,
2. Cannon eso rebel slr iso 800 0r 1600?-Still pricey $900 +,
3. Cool pix 5400 up to 10min bulb exsposures,$650+, iso400 5.1 megapixel I love it
4. Cool pix 4300 iso400 one minute bulb exsposures $350+, 3 megapixel
5. My web cam vesta pro $69 if you can find one.

February 6, 2004 04:53 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Orion Mounting Hardware

Posted By Edward Waddell

Don't know for sure but probably 1/4-20. Take it with you and go to your local hardware store or lowes(they have an assortment of stainless steel bolts)and match it up.

August 11, 2009 11:05 PM Forum: Polls

BEWAR OF ASTROMART AND HERB YORK

Posted By Edward Waddell

I don't know why anyone would want to criticize Astro-Mart or its curator. I for one have much appreciated the service it has done to the Astronomic community! I can always count on learning when I enter the web site and have enjoyed astronomy when I could not have afforded it other wise. I would imagine it is quite a chore to take care of such a large international community and "Salute" to you for doing so.
Thank you for all you have done!

Ed