My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Dave Barta

April 7, 2007 11:07 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Denkmeier and collimation

Posted By Dave Barta

On the Denkmeier site it mentions that collimation should be done with the binoviewer in place. If I want to view using a 2" eyepiece, is collimation needed each time I switch between the two?

Thanks
Dave

April 30, 2007 04:55 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Sky 6 Pro vs Starry Night Pro Plus

Posted By Dave Barta

I would like to know if one software package stands out over the other in terms of user frendly, telescope control, and CCD software compatibility. Thank you for your input.

Dave

November 8, 2007 07:29 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Dall-Kirkham vs a SCT

Posted By Dave Barta

What are the advantages/disadvantages of a Dall-Kirkham design scope vs a SCT?

Thanks
Dave

July 4, 2008 01:48 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Mak/cass

Posted By Dave Barta

Since most of the Mak/Cass scopes on the market use aluminum tubes,other then cost and possible weight reduction, would a carbon fiber tube help with cooling or is it the tube design that would really matter.Is anyone making a good 8-10" Mak/Cass with a carbon fiber tube?

Thanks
Dave

August 16, 2008 12:45 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Great Optics?

Posted By Dave Barta

The term great optics seemed to be used a lot in reviews and posts. Can an SCT from Meade or Celestron truly have great optics and compared to what?

April 25, 2009 06:23 AM Forum: Astro-Physics

Re: Gran Turismo Notification?

Posted By Dave Barta

I got notified around the beginning of April. I was on the list for 8 1/2 years for their 130 scope.

Dave

April 25, 2009 08:03 AM Forum: Refractors

TEC 110 carry on

Posted By Dave Barta

In case anyone is interested Yuri is planning on making a APO 110 carry on scope which will be around 550mm in length, under 11 pounds, oiled fluorite triplet F6. Info on the TEC forum.

Dave

December 4, 2009 06:28 AM Forum: Takahashi

In case you 250/300 Mewlon owners missed it.

Posted By Dave Barta

A nice corrector for the Mewlon 250 and 300 scopes.

http://www.takahashijapan.com/news.html

Just use google, Yahoo etc to translate. Just paste in the search.It is the Dec 3rd news line.

Dave

May 14, 2011 06:01 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Sky Survey

Posted By Dave Barta

In case some folks might have missed this. 37,000 exposures and 60,000 miles traveled for this project.

http://skysurvey.org/

Dave

March 28, 2008 03:59 AM Forum: Reflectors

C9.25 or C11

Posted By Dave Barta

The one thing that I did not like about my C9.25 were the soft images for visual work. I agree that the C11 would be a better upgrade from your C8.