My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Rich Peters

April 12, 2002 07:27 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Astromart changes

Posted By Rich Peters

It doesn't matter if you agree with all the changes or not. It's almost impossible to make everyone happy . But when is the last time any oganized group,company,or organization you deal with actually listened to what you wanted. And then made immediate changes almost daily based on those requests ?
Thanks Herb most of all for listening.

June 8, 2002 06:58 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

EQ Platforms

Posted By Rich Peters

Who makes the best EQ platform for my 10" f7 dob that won't break the bank ? ( $ 600.00 - 800.00... or less ?)

November 7, 2002 02:43 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Imaging eyepiece

Posted By Rich Peters

Don't know if this belongs here or on the astrophotography forum. But has anyone used the electronic imaging eyepiece from Orion ? (color or monochrome) It's on pg # 53 of their new catalog.

November 28, 2002 07:32 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Cheap digital camera

Posted By Rich Peters

My wife want's to get a digital camera for her work. Any suggestions as to what would be best to use for some lunar/planetary pics. She's just using it to take pics of outdoor landscaping. And with what she's going to spend (350-400), I would guess 3.2mp is all she will get in that price range. But if I can use it to just fool around a bit with some basic astrophotography I will. Any recomendations ??? Thanks...Rich

November 28, 2002 08:11 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Focusing screen

Posted By Rich Peters

Where can I find a focusing screen for my OM-1 ? And if I don't spring for the extra $ and get the Beattie, what Olympus screen should I get 1-8 ?
Thanks...

January 15, 2003 11:20 AM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

Posting photo

Posted By Rich Peters

I just got my first digital camera and wanted to post a photo. After I tried, it said the image was too large to post. (more than 500,000 bytes). So how do I go about doing this?
Rich

January 31, 2003 02:49 PM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

Weather in Conn.

Posted By Rich Peters

I'm going back east to Bristol, Conn. It's for my grandmothers funeral. But I'm going to be there for the week. Can anyone tell me how the skies are back there this time of year ? Will it be worth the hassle of bringing a scope ? Rich

February 27, 2003 10:36 AM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

500 mm lens question

Posted By Rich Peters

I just picked up an inexpensive (used), 500mm lens. I got it just to fool around with because it was cheap. But without sounding too ignorant here. What is the O<-->C dial for on the lens, and what do I do with it ? It appears to stop it down internally?
Thanks,
Rich

March 1, 2003 03:21 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Astrophoto experts in Phoenix

Posted By Rich Peters

Can anyone suggest a good photography shop in the greater Phoenix area that knows a thing or two about astrophotography. A place where they know the differences when it comes to film types ?
Thanks,
Rich

March 18, 2003 03:22 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Kodak Elite Chrome 400 color slide film

Posted By Rich Peters

I was at Wallgreens while they were restocking the films. There was only one box of this, and the guy told me slide film doesn't move too fast. So I offered him $2.99 for the roll.(24 exp) He said okay and marked it down. Is this film any good ?? What is is it best suited for.

Thanks,
Rich