Captured by
Terry Wood

Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Thomas Pierson

September 28, 2007 08:55 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Posted By Thomas Pierson

I've just began tinkering with astrophotography, and I'm getting into eyepiece projection.
I've got a Meade Starfinder 8, f/6, that I bought used. My camerea is a heavy aluminum bodied Yashica FX-2, and I used a 25 mm MA to get this, my second attempt.

February 8, 2008 12:37 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Am I just paranoid?

Posted By Thomas Pierson

I purchased a mount last month, but have not received it yet. The ad did not offer paypal, so I sent a check. The seller was communicating well, and mentioned that the check had not arrived. I called him after a couple of times, and he did get the check 8 days later. It was cleared on the 15th, but marked " pay to the order of..."
In the seller's defense, he said it would take a while to ship. He mentioned shipping it on Thursday.
I have only had 1 response since he received the check, and that was at the end of the month. He said he was stuck out of town.
I don't want to fly off of the handle and send a negative feedback yet, but then again I do not want to get walked over on this.
If this does not pan out, is there any way I could get my money back?

August 16, 2009 06:59 PM Forum: Insects - Flowers and Other Small Stuff - Photos

Please help id this hornet or wasp

Posted By Thomas Pierson

Taken last week in North Georgia, at Bent Tree, Jasper, GA.

August 31, 2009 09:50 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Cygnus at 50mm

Posted By Thomas Pierson

I really thought this one was going to be overexposed when I got it back from the lab.
It was 30 minutes at f/2.8 on expired Kodak E200 pushed 1 stop. Piggybacked on an Orion Atlas mount, and lazily manually guided with an 80mm f/11.4 guidescope.

July 28, 2010 07:16 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Rosette from last year

Posted By Thomas Pierson

Kodak E200, through a Meade SN-8 (812mm @ f/4) approx 30 minute exposure, manually guided. Normal process, no push. Scanned with a cheap Epson 2450 flatbed.Focus is a bit soft, something went wrong with the Stiletto.

March 7, 2008 02:46 PM Forum: Ask rating questions here

Possible scam

Posted By Thomas Pierson

The ad was removed. Who was the seller on the classifieds ad?

March 24, 2008 02:48 AM Forum: DVDs and Music and Books That You Recommend

All Rush fans

Posted By Thomas Pierson

Probably La Villa Strangiato. The odd time signature and guitar solo blows me away.

For the mainstream stuff: Limelight.

August 12, 2008 01:34 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Am I just paranoid?

Posted By Thomas Pierson

I finally talked to Marshall Hagy on the phone last week. He said he had nothing to do with it. wink

My apology is to all of you who had to read this nonsense. I will only use paypal from now on.

September 16, 2008 09:17 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

M-31

Posted By Thomas Pierson

That's excellent!
What film did you use, and what is the f/ratio?

March 21, 2009 06:04 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Centaurs A

Posted By Thomas Pierson

Were these image cropped? I don't see any vignetting, and with a 6x7, that says a lot.

What mount are you using, and do you do manual guiding?