My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Victor Kennedy

September 14, 2003 06:19 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Astonished & Disappointed - Please Comment

Posted By Victor Kennedy

You've seen the moons of Mars, Uranus, and Neptune, and you're disappointed?

I've been an amateur astronomy for a long time, and I've never seen them. I'd love to have the chance to look through a good, big scope and see what you've seen.

September 14, 2003 03:11 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

September 21, 2003 07:59 AM Forum: Binoviewers

Yet another this vs that question.

Posted By Victor Kennedy

I read the reviews, saw that the BW Optik was in the same ballpark as the others, considered that the others would cost an arm, a leg, and an eyeball here in Europe, and ordered the BW Optik. It works fine for me (although I can't compare it to anything else).

September 23, 2003 06:54 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Hockey Pucks = 1/5 vibration times

Posted By Victor Kennedy

Hockey pucks are hard to find here in Slovenia, but maybe I'll try my wife's home-made muffins, which are indistinguishable from hockey pucks.

September 28, 2003 10:02 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Pollen Allergies

Posted By Victor Kennedy

You get acclimatized to antihistamines and decongestants after using them for a while. Try something different. If it's really bothering you, and has done for some time, get your doctor to do the allergy test. I had allergy shots for a few years in my early twenties and they helped a lot; then my allergies eased off and I didn't need them. I still get hay fever about two weeks every spring, and stay indoors as much as possible.

October 12, 2003 08:13 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

WO 2" Diagonal

Posted By Victor Kennedy

I have one, and I also have a Televue 2" Everbright diagonal. I can detect no difference (optically) when I compare the two diagonals in my C8 and Stellarvue AT1010.

The WO diagonal is slightly shorter than the Televue, and allows one particular eyepiece to come to focus in the refractor that won't with the Televue.

It also has nice flashy side panels.

October 29, 2003 05:41 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

4 and 5mm EP recommendations

Posted By Victor Kennedy

There's a 5 mm Tak ortho for sale on Astromart right now. I don't think you can find a better eyepiece for high power.

November 4, 2003 07:54 PM Forum: Takahashi

Wide Field EP Recommendations for Sk90?

Posted By Victor Kennedy

There's currently a 32 mm Tak Erfle for sale on Astromart. I've never seen one, but it might be worth looking into.

December 19, 2003 05:50 AM Forum: Takahashi

February 14, 2004 07:50 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Your most used Eyepiece?

Posted By Victor Kennedy

4 mm Tak Hi-ortho