My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Thomas Naszcyniec

February 27, 2010 05:38 AM Forum: Refractors

GENESIS SDF vs. 5"- 6" MAK-CASSEGRAIN

Posted By Thomas Naszcyniec

As I get older, I'm finding a more "Grab & Go" telescope has been more and more the way I want to go as I do more observing that way. I have a Tele Vue 85 which I use constantly with a Discmount-4 mount on a Gitzo tripod- usually in my backyard. I'm thus asking my fellow Astromarters, should I possibly get a lightweight 5"-6" Mak-Cassegrain (Orion's?)to complement my 85? Right now, I also have a 4" Genesis SDF which I bought a few years ago here on Astromart. I use it on occcasions but I feel it doesn't show much more than my 85 and , to see fainter objects, I should move up to more aperature than the 4", realizing that the Genesis is a classic scope. I'd appreciate any thoughts any of you may have because it would mean I would sell the Genesis. Tom

April 10, 2009 05:59 AM Forum: TeleVue

TeleVue-85: The Perfect Small 'Scope

Posted By Thomas Naszcyniec

Michael- I couldn't agree more with your article. The TV 85 is the scope I use the most due to it's quick setup time, color correction, and quality optics! Yes, it's small but, the older I get, the more I look for the ease in using a scope without sacrificing quality. It's also great to call TeleVue & feel you're talking to one of the technicians only to learn at the end of the conversation you've been talking to "Uncle Al" Nagler himself!!