My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Norm Peer

December 1, 2010 10:24 PM Forum: Polls

I prefer

Posted By Norm Peer

I don't beleive "D'oh" is a curse word any more than "sufferin' sucatash". And what was Daffy Duck muttering under his breath all the time anyway?
Sure, old bugs was funny, but the book didn't end with him. I NEVER liked the Road Runner though. Wished he'd get eaten already.
By the way, is Mickey Mouse supposed to be be funny?

December 6, 2010 10:15 PM Forum: Polls

In relative size ...

Posted By Norm Peer

Which universe?

December 17, 2010 05:40 PM Forum: Polls

Astromart's Person/s of the Year is....

Posted By Norm Peer

Strange indeed. I'm not sure why the Special Forces are on the list, but I voted for them over the other 3 tools listed. I don't get any of the individual nominees because I thought to be "Person of the year", you had to do something good instead of just getting famous, or lining your pockets with cash. I don't think any of their "accomplishments" this year have done much to improve (or even worsen) the human condition.

January 11, 2011 03:38 PM Forum: Polls

2011 SuperBowl Champions

Posted By Norm Peer

I actually think NE will win, but I could never root against the mighty Steelers. Still, somehow, I think they may pull off another Super Bowl Win. Can never have enough. Love how the ravens have one vote.

January 12, 2011 10:45 PM Forum: Polls

2011 SuperBowl Champions

Posted By Norm Peer

I'm looking forward to them all Jeff. I never played organized football, but I love to watch. I'd watch every game even if the Steelers were out, but it does add so much more. And yes, If the Steelers play NE again, I'm sure it will be close. Would love to blow out the Ravens though (I see they have 5 votes now), but not expecting that either. It will be FUN.

January 18, 2011 10:40 PM Forum: Polls

2011 SuperBowl Champions

Posted By Norm Peer

Gotta Love the Steelers chances vs. the Jets. True, the Jets did beat the Steelers a month ago, but the Steelers were without 3 of their best (Polamalu, Miller, Jones). They'll be back this time aand BOTH teams need the win now, not just the Jets. Now that Brady's gone, don't think any team can top the Steelers D.

Looks like Packers vs. Steelers in SB 45. Team with the first SB win vs. the one with the most.

January 24, 2011 03:11 PM Forum: Polls

2011 SuperBowl Champions

Posted By Norm Peer

Sorry Packer backers, gotta like the Steelers chances in SB 45. The Steelers have a better D than the Bears (best in the league actually), and an excellent, experienced and tough QB in Ben. Mendehall looked great last night. We need Pouncey back at center though.

January 25, 2011 10:59 PM Forum: Polls

2011 SuperBowl Champions

Posted By Norm Peer

Funny Jeff, I was reading why the Pack is favored, and the article was "Sure the Steelers have better linebackers but Clay is good, Sure the Steelers have better wide receivers, but Driver is good" and so on. I wouldn't worry about Ben. The Jets D is far better than GB, look how well Henne was doing. Steelers went into shut down mode in the 2nd half. When they needed pass completions to end the game, he deftly provided them. Still, can't wait to end the hype, and see some action. Hate the two week delay.

January 31, 2011 10:09 PM Forum: Polls

2011 SuperBowl Champions

Posted By Norm Peer

Ed, you get my vote for nerd of the week. Yeah we're all nerds on this site, but this "forum" relates to Super Bowl 45.

February 7, 2011 04:25 PM Forum: Polls

2011 SuperBowl Champions

Posted By Norm Peer

Steelers go home to a saddened Pittsburgh. I know most will blame Roethlisberger, and he did not play very well, but I was most disappointed in the defense. Not a single big play, no turnovers, no setting up the Steeler offense.
That being said I never expected the Steelers to go anywhere this year, so it was a great year. Packers were a team of destiny, and they earned the title. Enjoy!