Posts Made By: John Whitby

March 19, 2003 11:39 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Dr. Blix

Posted By John Whitby

If your daughter was kidnapped, would you feel comfortable if Hans Blix was in charge of finding her?

BTW - Blix said the otehr day at the UN that global warming was a more iminent threat to the world than WMD...!!??

March 21, 2003 02:42 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Re: Isn't it funny

Posted By John Whitby

Darn tootin' there James!

March 21, 2003 10:50 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Well, Don, At least the Islanders won

Posted By John Whitby

Fans boo as U.S. national anthem is played

March 21, 2003
MONTREAL (AP) -- Fans booed during the playing of the U.S. national anthem before the New York Islanders' 6-3 victory over the Montreal Canadiens on Thursday night.

The sellout crowd of 21,273 at Bell Centre was asked to ``show your support and respect for two great nations'' before the singing of the American and Canadian national anthems.

But a significant portion of the crowd booed throughout ``The Star-Spangled Banner'' in an apparent display of their displeasure with the U.S.-led war against Iraq

Oh Canada - we stand on guard for thee, too.

March 21, 2003 06:15 PM Forum: Religion

Sadaam's Babylon is falling

Posted By John Whitby

Isa. 13: 19

And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

March 21, 2003 10:48 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Re: Common ground

Posted By John Whitby

"Deeply divided" is a gross overstatement given every poll I've seen that wasn't biased one way or the other.

March 24, 2003 06:40 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Re: Iraqi Search and Rescue

Posted By John Whitby

Did you see them toss the gasoline on the weeds, see it ignite and nearly engulf themselves in flames? Priceless.

Darwinism in action!

March 25, 2003 02:42 AM Forum: Religion

Who are the Peaceniks?

Posted By John Whitby

My view is there are three kinds of anti-war protestors:

1. those who truly are pacifists
2. sheep/college students (like my son) who take off from school (that I'm paying for) to go to a rally
3. Anarchists - who are truly evil - you'll find them at the World Economic Summit, Greenpeace, etc. etc.

The first group I respect
The second group, well...
The third group poses a threat to freedom.

Some sources:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Content/read.asp?ID=35

http://www.infoshop.org/blackbloc.html

http://www.dc.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=52540&group=webcast

March 29, 2003 02:22 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Hail Caesar - Blix retires

Posted By John Whitby

Hans Blix announced his retirement today. The french promptly announced that they DEMAND to lead the new UN inspections for WMD. The Inspector shows his credentials...

March 29, 2003 02:35 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Is Paris Burning?

Posted By John Whitby

We saved the French from more than they knew

March 29, 2003 02:38 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Iraqi Hospitality Training

Posted By John Whitby

A new porter at a hotel in Baghdad was instructed by the manager that it was important to call the guests by their names, in order to make them feel welcome, and that the easiest way to find out their name was to look at their luggage. Armed with this advice, the porter took two guests up to their rooms, put down their bags and said,

'I hope you have a very happy stay here in Baghdad, Mr and Mrs Genuine Cowhide.