Were is my profile?

Posted By David Goldman

Originally Posted by Greg Shaffer

Click on your name to the left of your post above. smile
Thank you.

June 14, 2018 09:35 PM Forum: Eyepieces

Best High Power EPs for Apos

Posted By David Goldman

Based on my own experience, i recommend the ZAO-1 eyepieces for high power lunar/planetary viewing.

June 24, 2018 07:18 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

need to find "rating"

Posted By David Goldman

How can i rate (ratings) an AM member ?.

June 24, 2018 08:42 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

July 15, 2018 01:03 AM Forum: Antique/Classic/Vintage Optical Instruments

45 deg. Erecting Image Diagonal Prism for Quantum 4

Posted By David Goldman

There is no way to retrofit the mirror diagonal with any kind of prism. I have a camera adapter (Quantum option) that comes apart in two pieces. One piece closest to the rear port screws in. I then can slide in any kind of 1.25" accessory including erect image diagonal.

July 18, 2018 07:12 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

DELETE POST

Posted By David Goldman

how can i delete my own forum post?

July 19, 2018 01:02 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

October 28, 2018 04:41 PM Forum: Ask rating questions here

Need help with fraudulent user who robbed me.

Posted By David Goldman

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Wish you the best of luck in resolving this theft. 

November 27, 2018 03:35 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Advice for buying an expensive equiment (few thousand dollars) on Astro mart

Posted By David Goldman

I would never buy anything from a stranger with no positive track record. The only exception i ever made was when i bought a 3.5" Questar. The fellow who was selling it was doing a favor for the family of the original owner who passed away suddenly. The seller knew nothing about astronomy. I ended up talking with him on the phone to "feel him out". I even requested that he send me a photo of his drivers license. Keep in mind it's difficult to recover anything bought out of state, let alone the country.

Another time, I bought a solar filter from a vendor who described the condition "as new". When i got it, it was "well used" with scratches on the coating!. It was the wrong size too!. I got my money back minus shipping costs. His ratings included one negative feedback. That should have been the "red flag" caution alert.

And finally, sold a pair of rings to a fellow who took forever and ever to pay up.

If there is a big ticket item for sale with no track record from the seller, it may be prudent to drive or fly there to pick it up.

Best of luck..