Posts Made By: Louis Busby

April 25, 2013 03:33 PM Forum: Global Warming - REAL or NOT

Empirical Data Supports Global Warming

Posted By Louis Busby

Seriously, though, a WMAL (Washington DC) reported on a new data from NASA said that the thermal dynamics computations used to model increases in global temperatures was actually wrong. Rather, correct computations actually showed the earth was cooling rather than warming up. Strangely, there were no other reports from any of the major news media outlets on the NASA report.

April 27, 2013 01:50 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Posted By Louis Busby

I still can't upload an avatar photo. I haven't been able to do this for quite a while. I'm afraid to change my profile photo because I might not be able to upload another.

June 2, 2013 02:48 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Saturn 31 May 2013

Posted By Louis Busby

Out last Friday night in my observatory an captured Saturn with my Mewlon 250. I've struggled with Saturn before and even though I pulled some good images in the past, tonight was rewarding.

The attached represents one of the best images I've ever done of Saturn. The photo was taken with a Imaging Source DFK 31AU03.AS astro camera mounted on my Takahashi Mewlon 250s with a 1.6 extender. This particular image consists of 365 frames stacked and RGB aligned in Registax 6 and color corrected and sharpened using Photoshop CS2.

July 10, 2013 06:32 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

CCD Adapter Help for Tak Mewlon 250

Posted By Louis Busby

Can someone tell me what adapter(s) to attach 0.8X reducer/field flattener/corrector (TMC1800) for Mewlon 250 to STL11000 camera?

July 21, 2013 06:20 PM Forum: Meteorites & Meteors

Unidentified Metorite

Posted By Louis Busby

Can anyone hazard a guess as to what metorite this might be?

August 10, 2013 07:29 PM Forum: Meteorites & Meteors

Arrrgh!!! Rust!

Posted By Louis Busby

What's the best way to remove rust on meteorite samples?

I have several nice slices that have developed rust around the etched edges of the cut surfaces. There's even some localized spots that need to be removed. Unfortunately, I have a large Brenham slice that got way to rusty and lost some of its crystals. Too bad, since it was a beautiful piece.

August 13, 2013 11:59 PM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

Re: How many is too many!

Posted By Louis Busby

More is better smile

September 30, 2013 05:37 PM Forum: Guns and Hunting Optics

Zeroed my AR-15 yesterday

Posted By Louis Busby

Now it good to go. It's the first one I've personnaly owned since the Army. It's a Sig Sauer M400. Luv it.

October 2, 2013 06:42 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Software for Mac

Posted By Louis Busby

I made the jump from PC to Mac and now I'm looking for recomendations for software for image processing, specifically, stacking software. What are you Mac guys using?

October 12, 2013 02:21 AM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

Re: what started it for me

Posted By Louis Busby

My profile says it all.