My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Louis Busby

July 3, 2008 01:21 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

New diagonal, 1 1/4" or 2" ?

Posted By Louis Busby

Your not missing anything. Go with a two inch diagonal. You can use your 1.25 EPs and when you get a 2" EP for widefield work you'll be set.

July 28, 2008 08:00 PM Forum: Bad to the Bone Autos

QUESTION

Posted By Louis Busby

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!!!

September 28, 2008 08:41 PM Forum: Takahashi

TOA-150 on a Losmandy G-11?

Posted By Louis Busby

It's not a TOA 150, but you get the idea.

Pic shows G-11 with Mewlon 250S, FS78, SBIG ST2K. Total instrument weight on the dovetail is 46lbs.

If including the counterweights -- weight on the balanced RA axis is 99lbs.

Total weight on the Binoscope tripod (all of the above and including the EQ head) is 139lbs.

All is well balanced and the tripod is solidly steady

October 4, 2008 01:22 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

smoke came out of my lx 200 10"

Posted By Louis Busby

A Losmandy G-11 seems to work pretty good.

November 7, 2008 11:21 AM Forum: Takahashi

TAK Top Plate ID

Posted By Louis Busby

I might add that I have one that is similar, but it only has the five holes down the middle. I need this one with the two offset holes on either side of the center ones.

November 26, 2008 11:15 AM Forum: Bad to the Bone Autos

Help a fellow car guy here

Posted By Louis Busby

Well, at least you have your priorities straight. Depending on what state your in, the 335 could be considered community property and it is have hers in the event of a divorce. Looks like your screwed dude.

December 30, 2008 12:13 AM Forum: Eyepieces

April 4, 2009 02:42 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Insuring Equipment

Posted By Louis Busby

As James has said a rider on your homeowner's insurance should do the trick. I had a specific (by brand) photographic equipment rider on my homeowner's insurance policy for replacement value. I had my equipment stolen form my home and my insurance company paid replacement value which as it turned out was significantly greater than my original retail cost due to appreciated prices.

I recommend that if you intend to get a specific rider that you photograph and accurately describe your equipment (by serial number if applicable). Keep the photos and descriptions in a safe place (not on your computer) and include your original purchase receipts. Purchase receipts will guarantee insurance payment, but accurate descriptions and photos help identify the items as well.

You should discuss any options with your current homeowner's insurance company. Of course when in the field, the best insurance policy is a concealed carry permit and your S&W buddy.

April 19, 2009 06:40 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Saturn 4-18-09

Posted By Louis Busby

This one is a little better. Best 397 of 1100.

April 28, 2009 01:39 AM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

M63 Sunflower

Posted By Louis Busby

Very nice Mike, well presented.
I wouldn't change a thing.