My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: James White

March 4, 2010 05:09 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

sorry if this sounds brainless

Posted By James White

I did try to find the answer by reading where I could...

After a classified runs and drops off the list due to ageing, is there an easy way to repost it? I sometimes see an ad that says 'repost'. I understand that multiple posts for same thing are undesired - and am not wanting to do a multiple post. Just wanting to get it some face time again. Really I'm not that active here and for first time some items didn't get snapped up, so it's never been a question before.

Thanks for advice, if obvious please forgive my numb skull - clear skies smile

December 7, 2016 08:18 PM Forum: Ask rating questions here

ummm 'Help'?

Posted By James White

I think a site admin will need to help here if possible. I just bought a TSA120 on here and the site not allowing me to give feedback. I know he did a 'no-no' and was blasted off the site for it, but he is back now (thanks to whoever was understanding about the mistake) and I didn't get my usual 'review this user' box when I look him up. Thank you for any help, I am a longtime member here, just saying that as I do know how it is supposed to work. Thank you for any help and consideration, much appreciate it and "happy Holidays" to you and yours.

July 12, 2017 05:46 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

cant seem to change images

Posted By James White

Hi,

Love the site.

Having issues today trying to change the images I'd posted with my Baader protective t ring for sale ad.

I'd initially posted some images and now have better ones, when I click the upload button an old image shows up, I've tried several times, logged out and then in again and tried again. Nope, old image.

Hoping this is just a temporary glitch, have removed all images for now and will try again later. Just curious if there is a work around I am unaware of.

Thank you for your time and efforts!

March 2, 2010 04:15 PM Forum: Astro-Physics

Mach1GTO mounts - ORDER NOW! NO LIST!

Posted By James White

Well I am in for one smile - deposited on Feb 15th smile

Absolutely I'd love to say anything like that - Thank you Herb and Paula, A-P (and all those behind the scenes). In a humorous way, it's what I won't be saying if I own one of your mounts wink

Very much anticipated as my [***] mount now inoperative... have missed last several months of imaging.

My plan is to mount my TEC160ed and Onyx80 for imaging. I say 'plan' very loosely, as the permanent pier has a 12" top plate. I've ordered the pier/tripod adaptor plate - but have serious reservations about if I can get near azmuth? So there is standby plan 'B'. And tertiary plan 'C'. I had called A-P and asked about the offset from mount head center to saddle plate when at zenith, but answer not found - they did try and I appreciate it.

March 2, 2010 07:40 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Web site comments wanted

Posted By James White

Looks fine by me, not 'too busy' or 'clicky' great showcase for your work.

April 9, 2018 10:58 PM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

Seeing new look today, nearly unuseable in a practical sense

Posted By James White

Hi, I posted an add last night and today it's a new looking web site, congrats on your port over.  I have supported Astromart every year for the last ten years, hope to continue to do so.

Now for the problems.  (for information I have same issues on two different computers, both running Windows, different flavors of 7, and also both using IE for browser)

Cannot get a historical list of my classifieds, just a jumble of too large images, this is pretty useless.

Cannot see the ad i posted in the tripod forum !  There were no images

All the forums seem to be equally unusable, with very large images instead of practical and useful date table.

I hope you get this user interface stuff sorted out.

uPDATE, went into my user settings, unchecked the image icon in list choice, that sure fixed a lot with my navigating issues, I guess it was standard checked as part of the port over.  I see the username and rating are separate, so i checked both.  All users come up 'unrated'.  A few other little problems in looking up user profile.  But looks like things are coming along.

Still just large images when i go to view my classifieds even with the image checkbox unchecked, seems it's a default outside my user options?  Thanks for getting these bugs sorted out!

Ooops... one more thing... what happened to the search function that used to be up top for each type of classified?  not seeing it and was one very useful feature.

April 10, 2018 01:36 AM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

Posted By James White

Just tried the search function.  searched on 'Nagler', eyepieces, for sale, Jan 1 2018 to today, any price (default).

I also just got what seems a bunch of unrelated results, they were i think all eyepieces though.

April 10, 2018 12:29 PM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

Posted By James White

Each time i log in things are looking much better, noticed the in category search feature now there, thank you!  My results as of last check, this time in refractor category much better, love the new look!  my classified history now also using small postage stamp images and properly listed - great job !

April 11, 2018 02:11 AM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

Posted By James White

Tried a search again today ~noon PST, eyepiece forum, searched on 'Nagler', 'For Sale', last 30 days, include sold in results, still getting many what I consider wrong results, more like a listing of all ep's for sale.  Hope this reporting helps.

One thing from my days, maybe check the use of any wildcard delimiters in the way being passed to DB as search string (it was usual to include them at start, end, or both, or use in a 'like' sense) if you include them in the code?  seemed Ok when i searched the refractor forum using 'TEC' as the search term, saw it also included 'tech', pretty normal unless using case.  If using case, check the trap door code?

April 21, 2018 10:33 AM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

current update

Posted By James White

If this is where we are supposed to report Bugs, I have one.

Using name or email I am unable to get to the profile of the AM user that just pushed the button to buy an item I put up for sale.  I cannot review them for being a prompt and a great Amarter...

Am unable to do this.