Posts Made By: Mark Hanson

April 25, 2002 12:52 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Input on CCD choice

Posted By Mark Hanson

I am looking to buy a CCD camera and would like some input.

I have a C11 with William optics GT-1 GEM. I also have 6.3 and 3.3 focal reducers and am looking for a camera to suite this set up.

The cameras I have looked into the are the SBIG ST-9e, MX916 or HX916 and MX7C what would the best for all around imaging be?

Your input is much appreciated!

Mark

May 18, 2002 02:13 AM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Meade 201XT Autoguider

Posted By Mark Hanson

I am currently setting up a Astrophoto set up and was woundering if this autoguider will work well with it.

I have a C11, GT-One GEM, 6.3fr, JMI moto focus, Taurus Tracker 3, OM1. Can

Can I focus the autoguider with Maximum DL?

Any comments are much appreciated.

Mark

July 26, 2002 01:28 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Thousand Oaks Type 2 filter

Posted By Mark Hanson

I have a C11 and was wondering if I should get the off axis or the full aperture filter, which one will perform best most often? I will be doing some viewing and some Photography.

February 21, 2003 05:55 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

New Pic from New Set-up

Posted By Mark Hanson

Here is my first DSO with the Tak FSQ106/D60 combination its of M45. The scope was piggybacked on an 12" LX200 with no auto guiding done. Its 8-360sec exposures at ISO 400, 10 darks averaged and subtracted from each pic and combined using AA. Then some processing

Pushing the limit of the LX200 mount I was pleasantly surprised when I could get 6min exposures with no auto guiding, next time out I'll see how much longer I can go. I know this LX200 has been modified by Doc. G so who knows
what he did (but Its working great)Thanks Doc!

April 4, 2003 05:36 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

M51 with Canon 10D

Posted By Mark Hanson

Here is a image of M51 I took on April 1st with a Canon 10D and a 12" LX200. I think the new Canon is going to be a winner.
http://btlguce.digitalastro.net/images/Galacticbey/m51neat.jpg
Mark

April 21, 2003 11:28 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

New M13

Posted By Mark Hanson

Here is a pic I took a few weeks ago and just had time to post it. It was taken with a 12" LX200 and a Canon 10D.
Exposure was
15 - 2 min. exposures at ISO 400, 6 respective dark frames were averaged then subtracted from each light frame then stacked and processed in Images Plus.

Thanks,

Mark Hanson

May 13, 2003 02:05 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Re-Processed M13

Posted By Mark Hanson

Here is a pic of M13 I took a month ago and just reprocessed. Its taken with a Canon 10D 15-2min ISO400 exposures through a 12"LX200 @ F10 Respective Darks and processed using Images Plus.

Thanks,

Mark Hanson

May 16, 2003 04:07 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Eclipse Pic

Posted By Mark Hanson

Here is a pic I took of the Eclipse last night I took 300 or so pics and this is the only one I have with me at work so I thought I would post it. It was taken with Canon 10D digital camera at Prime focus of a Tak FSQ106 @ F8. The exposure was 30sec. at ISO 100.

Thanks,

Mark Hanson

May 17, 2003 10:41 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Total Eclipse Occulting Star

Posted By Mark Hanson

Here are 5 stacked frames showing the star being occulted by the Totaly eclipsed moon.

Thanks,

Mark

May 18, 2003 04:19 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Eclipse Animation

Posted By Mark Hanson

With help from Greg Sellek (who made the animation) from all the pictures I took of the eclipse. here it is its 5.5meg so hope you have high speed connection.

Notice the Occultation at Totality.

http://www.sellek.com/eclipse-small.gif

Thanks,

Mark Hanson