My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Lee Buck

March 16, 2010 09:45 PM Forum: Polls

Astromart should

Posted By Lee Buck

i only joined last year, but i support a-mart because i think i get benefit from it as a buyer or seller. i choose/renew 6mo support cuz i like my ads in red! :-)

i would discourage an annual subscription because it would turn people away and you would lose a lot of eyeballs -- buyers and sellers, BUT i think it is very reasonable to pay $1 or $2 to post an ad AND $1 to buy something - problem with the buy something charge is there is no way to identify and collect from the buyer. the fact is, we all get a lot more than a $1 in value for any transaction that takes place here.

if you charge to place an ad, it needs to persist a little longer than they currently do - minimum 30 days. (i am not sure what the criteria is that makes them scroll off from view now)

i think herb's abuse ads are amusing (although i don't think he is laughing)

April 15, 2018 12:45 AM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

Classified ad email notices....

Posted By Lee Buck

please restore the for sale 1-line summaries of all ads back at the beginning of the for sale email.  it is much easier to look at the one line subjects without having to read ALL of the ads to see what is listed.

thanks

Lee

April 18, 2018 09:59 PM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

current update

Posted By Lee Buck

i am getting buried in empty astromart ad notices and then the occasional multi-ad summary -- still with no summary headlines at the beginning.  i suppose you are still working on these issues but i have to turn emails off completely.  the new paradigm is a big step back from what we had before (and i suspect will actually hurt the ability to get a for sale notice - noticed)

lee

April 19, 2018 06:38 AM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

current update

Posted By Lee Buck

it gets even stranger... i unchecked all classified categories in the hopes of stopping emails completely.  i am still getting them this evening -- but no longer blank as of the evening of 18th (but still no one-line summaries at the beginning)

August 14, 2018 10:49 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

cancel/delete an auction ?

Posted By Lee Buck

can i cancel or delete an auction before it ends if the reserve price has not been met?  which also raises the question can i cancel an auction even if there is no reserve price?

thanks
Lee