My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: James Black

July 14, 2009 09:46 PM Forum: Mounts

For a 80mm APO

Posted By James Black

Looking for a alt az mount for a Celestron 80mm APO. I have a suitable heavy duty tripod and don't need motors. Vixen portamount?

August 25, 2009 07:56 PM Forum: Reflectors

Zhumell dob's

Posted By James Black

Who makes this brand. I looking at the 8" one. Comments? Good out of the box? Or do I have to "fix" it? Thanks

November 30, 2009 08:08 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Bushnell Telescope Voyager 6"

Posted By James Black

Anyone know what company made these. I seem to remember a test of the 8" one and it was not so good. Anything on the 6" out there? Thanks

December 1, 2009 07:10 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Celestron Binoculars

Posted By James Black

Is there a list somewhere of Vixen made Celestron bincolars with the years they were made?

January 18, 2010 01:13 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Orion XT8

Posted By James Black

Just picked up a older XT8 in great shape. Made about 2001 if the booklets that came with it are dated right. I've seen many reviews about this scope that say it is a great buy. My question is about the metal plate that seems to be a part of the mirror cell. A problem? Have not been able to find any info on it one way or the other. Thanks

January 23, 2010 05:48 PM Forum: Celestron

C8 on a Portamount

Posted By James Black

Is the Vixen Portamount stable enough for a C8 OTA?

January 29, 2010 08:43 AM Forum: Celestron

Celestron 30mm Silvertop

Posted By James Black

Does anyone have info and pictures of this eyepiece. I'm looking for the mid 1980's Vixen orange letter style type. Any info is helpful. Thanks!!

March 27, 2010 08:15 PM Forum: Meade

UHTC

Posted By James Black

Anyone know when Meade started putting UHTC on the ETX 125's. Also, does anyone make a press on cap for that scope?

April 2, 2010 07:55 PM Forum: Mounts

Bracket

Posted By James Black

Does anyone make a "L" type bracket that has a Vixen dovetail on one side and the "L" end having a bracket with 11/4" screw holes in it. I have a Porta mount that I want to mount a spotting scope to.

May 1, 2010 03:23 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Scope on a PartaMount

Posted By James Black

Can a 90mm 1000mm FL refractor be used on a Vixen PortaMount? Can you view the zenith? Thanks