New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Ivan Gastaldo

April 19, 2003 08:45 AM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Pentax K-1000

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Hello all!

I just got one of these cameras as a gift... and it came with a Pentax 50mm SMC 1:2 lense.

For those who know, or own one of these cameras, what would you recommend as accessories/lenses for it? what should I look for?

I'm probably gonna piggyback it on top of my LX-200GPS or use it for prime focus... but I'll probably start shooting regular pictures first to get familiar with it... and to make sure it works ok...

Thanks for you help,

Ivan
smile

April 21, 2003 05:08 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Hat Trick?

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

On my previous post/thread Jim Taylor talked about a "Hat Trick" when doing long exposure astrophotography...

Jim, or anybody that might know, what exactly is this all about? I'm not sure how soon I'll jump into long exposure but I would like to know these things before I do...

Thanks to all for your attention...

Clear dark skies!

Ivan
smile

May 6, 2003 08:44 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

Jupiter as of 05-05-03

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Last night it was painful.... I was getting attacked by mosquitoes (lots of them) while taking this...

It is first light for this webcam, so I'm still playing around with settings while trying to shoot and avoid loosing much blood in the process...

I took a combination of 400 frames (AVI file), and combined them with Registax. Enhanced some detail with Photoshop.

Skies are hot, humid & hazy in South Florida...

Comments are always welcome!

Clear dark skies!

Ivan
smile

May 6, 2003 12:29 PM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

Re: My winter project

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Beautiful work Michael!
There's nothing like the satisfaction feeling after finishing a project done all by yourself!

Thanks for sharing!

Ivan
smile

May 13, 2003 10:39 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Pentax K-1000 T-Ring... help...

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Hello all!

I'm interested in getting one of these but I see two different T-Rings available, a K-Bayonet style and a Universal style...
Does anybody know what the difference is, and which one should I get for my K-1000?

Thank You in advance for your attention,

Ivan
smile

August 13, 2003 12:35 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

ORION'S NEW 80mm ED Scope

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Well, how about we go back to what this section is for?? EQUIPMENT, ladies & gentlemen...

Have you guys seen those pretty looking, and quite affordable 80mm ED OTA's?
At $429, it seems like a very good price, if they are as good as they seem...

Any thoughts? concerns? anybody seen one yet?

I'm actually using an ST-80 piggybacked on my 10" SCT now, might do a Switch-aroo later on, if they turn out to be good indeed...

Clear skies!

Ivan
smile

August 15, 2003 10:05 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Mars, 08/15/03 @ 4:00am

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Could not fall asleep, and found a hole between the clouds, so decided to take the scope out and spend my time the right way... enjoying the skies!

Not perfect, as seeing was not that good, image was boiling, but picked the best frames of what I got...

Take care, and clear dark skies!

Ivan
smile

August 26, 2003 11:01 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

REDUCER/CORRECTOR question...

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Hello all!

Well, being that I'm not an optical engineer, I have a question for the ones that might be or know the answer to this...

We are all familiar with the SCT Reducer/Corrector lenses that attach to the visual back thread to convert an f/10 SCT to an f/6.3 for example...

If you had no capability to attach this rear cell corrector, is there another product that you could use instead? can it be attached somewhere else in the light path? like a 2" reducer/corrector that would fit in the threads of a 2" eyepiece? possible?

Thanks for reading, this is just something I thought about, never seen, and wanted to know if it can be done, or if it exists...

Clear dark skies!

Ivan
smile

August 26, 2003 11:50 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

MARS, as of 08/26/03 2:00am

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Well, here's my humble image... nothing like some other's around here, but we do what we can with what we have...
smile

Just looking at it through the eyepiece takes my breath away... it is simply beautiful!

And what's the best of all, we are actually able to share our views with friends and family...

Clear dark skies my friends!

Ivan
smile

August 27, 2003 01:22 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Mars as of 08/27/03 12:30am

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Well, I had high expectations for today, but as usual, South Florida can surprise you with clouds anytime! and when they roll, they roll in quick!

I was set up for Mars from 11:30PM, and by 1:00am there was not a clear spot in the sky! AARRGGHH!

Well, this is all I've got for last nite...
smile

Clear dark skies my friend!

Ivan
smile

P.S.
I WANT WINTER!!!!
smile hehehe