Posts Made By: Ivan Gastaldo

November 19, 2003 04:53 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Re: Brand new Meade 14" LX200 GPS for 2200.00

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Sounds too good to be true...

Not that I would mind getting a 14" for that much, but until I really see it happening from Trusted Dealers in the USA, I would be very hesitant to do ANY purchase online.

I surely hope this is true, but I would advise caution...

Clear skies & safe purchases!

Ivan
smile

December 10, 2003 06:15 PM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

Favorite Open Clusters?

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Besides The Pleiades & The Double Cluster, which other Open Clusters you would consider a must view?

Personally I have two favorites (even though I love them all)... Caldwell 64 and M37.

Remember well looking at the C64 Cluster for the first time, and it was like love at first sight!
Beautiful group of faint stars around a huge bright one...

M37 is just another mesmerizing cluster, with a miriad of very faint stars, simply beautiful!

Clear skies to all!

Ivan
smile

December 11, 2003 07:15 PM Forum: Binoviewers

10" LX-200GPS and....

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Hello all!

I'm seriously considering getting a BinoViewer for Christmas... and would like to ask you Bino GURUS what accessories/eyepieces would be a MUST HAVE...

I don't have a Millionaire's Budget, so please be gentle...
smile

I'm still debating on what brand BINO to get (not $1000 ones!), but I know there are several pieces that go with them, besides the eyepieces...

I enjoy looking at DSO's, but also planets, so I was thinking about getting TWO sets of eyepieces, one for wide FOV and one for planetary viewing... (like 30mm Ultimas & 12.5mm Ultimas)

I would really appreciate any recommendations,

Clear skies to all!

Ivan
smile

January 2, 2004 04:31 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Money Order lost?!

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Sorry guys, I just need to vent, as I'm a bit worried and disappointed...

I sent a Money Order out on the 22nd of December to pay for the eyepiece I've always wanted, and even though I just got the eyepiece, my Money Order has not showed up yet...
The Seller was kind enough to send the merchandise before he got the M.O., and after several transactions that I've had (all done with Money Orders), I never had one lost or take longer than it should've.

I'm really hoping this is just a delay based on the Holidays, but I might have to return the eyepiece if it does not show up this weekend... ARRGGHHHH!

OK, now back to our regular programming...

Ivan

P.S.
I just called the Bank, and the M.O. has not been cashed or anything, but to make things worst, they take 30 days to refund it!

January 2, 2004 04:52 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Re: Star party spoiler supreme:The "expert&qu

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

LOL!
Not really, but he better not show up at the WSP-2004... or he could be the first one to ever be HUNG at a Star Party!
Not funny the thought of being slapped by 650 people either!

Clear skies, and NO flash-light please!

Ivan
smile

January 8, 2004 02:45 AM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Cover for a Pentax K-1000 50mm lense...

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

I got this Pentax K-1000 camera from a friend of mine, but he had lost the cover for the lense that came with it. It is an Asahi Optical Co. SMC Pentax-M 1:2 50mm.

Does anybody know where I could get a cover that would work with it?

Thanks in advance for you attention,

Ivan
smile

January 15, 2004 05:58 PM Forum: Star Parties

WSP 2004.... what would you do?

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Well, just found out that the Company I work for will be Down-Sizing & Re-Locating to a much smaller place within the next month and a half...(so they say)

Not really what I wanted to hear, but I saw it coming...

My position does not seem to be in jeopardy, as I'm the ONLY ONE left in the IT Department... (gotta take care of the systems, the move & re-configuration...)

The problem is that I might not be able to take all week off for the WSP (pisses me off!), maybe a couple of days at the beginning, or at the end... MONDAY-TUESDAY or THURSDAY-FRIDAY... was thinking the last one would be best, as I could extend it to Saturday/Sunday... (but of course I would probably lose the chance to grab a good spot for my tent & scope...)

What would you guys do?

Ivan

January 16, 2004 02:09 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Meade, Celestron f/6.3 Focal Reducers and such...

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

A simple question...(or maybe not so simple...?)

How come do they ONLY come in a SCT Rear-Cell design?
Couldn't it be also designed as a regular eyepiece filter?
Depending on the accessories you have, the SCT Rear-Cell design might no longer be a comfortable/useable design...

Just wondering....

Clear skies to all!

Ivan
smile

January 22, 2004 05:59 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

K-1000 & ST-80 In-FOCUS problem?

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Quick question...

Last week I tried to image through my ST-80 with the Pentax K-1000, and found out that I was short on the IN-FOCUS... not being able to reach focus with/without diagonal.

Eyepiece projection is OK, but I was trying to get prime focus to work... any ideas? can it be done? what would be necessary?

Thanks to all for you attention,

Ivan
smile

January 27, 2004 08:41 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Just a thought...

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Isn't it just AMAZING what people are able to do lately?

As the pictures keep getting better, it seems that people are trying their best to IMPROVE or BEAT some already great shots, and most are coming up with truely AWESOME work!

Guys, whatever you are doing, keep it up!

Glad ot be part of such a great group of people!

Ivan
smile