My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Ivan Gastaldo

November 4, 2005 01:22 PM Forum: Polls

Allow HOTMAIL and YAHOO on AstroMart

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Well, as much as I love the security we've had so far by not allowing these Free Email sites, we cannot be selfish, after all we must do whatever it takes to help Astromart stay operational...

If allowing these sites into Astromart is the way, then who are we to stop it from happening? I mean, we contribute, yes, but what rights do we have other than to be able to keep enjoying what's without a doubt the best site for us, Amateur Astronomers? (after all, it is free, right?)

IMHO, whatever Herb believes to be the best course of action to keep AM alive & kicking is OK with me... 8)

My .02 pesos... use them wisely! wink

Ivan

July 13, 2008 07:59 AM Forum: Polls

You have to choose one for your backyard to help in the energy crisis

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Well, being in South Florida ("The Sunshine State", as they call it), Solar Energy is available all year round, so it seems only "logical" to go this route.
So far, Solar Panels are still lacking the "efficiency" that we would like to see, but it is certainly a clean & natural way to pull energy without any resulting contaminants or possible dangers.

I've been thinking about setting up a panel or two on top of my observatory, to power up my equipment... hopefully soon. (money is tight at the moment)

Clear skies!

September 8, 2008 07:05 PM Forum: Polls

October 8, 2009 06:33 AM Forum: Polls

My favorite sport to watch is ...

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

I particularly love Motocross, watching and doing... 8) (even though I have not done it in 15 years)
As a side note, yesterday I was watching Mountain Bike World Championship, and man, that was awesome!

December 1, 2010 11:10 AM Forum: Polls

I prefer

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Marvin the Martian, The RoadRunner, Yosemite Sam, Elmer Fudd... the best cartoons ever... and they did not have to curse, not even once, in order to be funny...